Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, right where to start, I’ve got a 2010 Kia pro ceed 2 1600cc petrol automatic 125,000 miles, whilst driving today just came off a roundabout and eml light came on and misfire starts pulled over got recovered home put my old snap on brick scanner on it and p0304 comes up this is misfire cylinder 4, so far all I have done is swap coil pack over for another one and the code remains the same, anyway it’s to late to go get plugs, has anyone else encountered this?
I have ruled out coil pack
Next prob going to change plugs (or at least remove and inspect).
Fuel injector maybe?
many advice would be great thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, changed the plugs today and hasn’t made any difference see pics of old ones they needed changing and one was wet on threads (number 4) so was hoping that new plugs would cure it, But to no avail, dug out a spare set of coil packs all 4 and the short loom that goes with it replaced it still no difference, unplugged coil on number 4 and starts running worse. Next performed a compression test cylinder 1 182psi cylinder 2 187 psi cylinder 3 200psi cylinder 4 200psi. So I think I can rule out worn rings/valve damage, has anyone got any ideas on what to try next?
4C3AD23A-2737-4A58-9A33-4A4710539FCE.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi sad 555 gap should be between 1-1.1mm we gapped the new ones, the old ones tips have been filed down looking at them and gap wasn’t set afterwards, iam thinking along the lines of fuel injector, tomorrow I will swap injectors 1 and 4 over clear codes the fire it up and rescan to see if code changes, if no change in code then I am at my whits end

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Sound and methodical trouble shooting so far. I concur with the injector swap as next step.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok next and final update as it’s sorted, went out to it, started it still misfire so started wiggling the loom and one of the connectors slipped off of the coil pack (no1) plugged it back in and it’s running perfect, confused ?‍♂ at this I carried on wiggling the loom and starts missing again removed loom and inspected it found a bad connection on number 4 cut loom back, replaced wire and repined connector put back together and running perfect now, engine management light still on but not flashing my old snap on brick scanner can’t erase fault codes from Kia so unplugged positive terminal from battery whilst waiting the 10 mins took the chance to remove one of the new plugs and recheck gap all good so put back together, had a quick smoke and reconnected battery, what joy no eml light, plugged scanner back in and no codes stored what a happy day.
I am going to put it down to bad spark plugs and the loom I replaced was damaged, so fixed one fault and created another when I changed the loom. But we are all sorted now big thank you to everyone who posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts