Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wise and humble Kia people,

move had this IAT sensor fault pop upon the car and have tried to change/repair the fault myself in the hope of correcting it and stopping it from being unable to go above 3000RPM.
I have changed this sensor believing it was this but it still returns the fault so I’m guessing I’ve replaced the wrong thing.

would anybody have an idea on where I should be looking or what I should look for to potentially fix the issue?

thank you for any help on the matter.

The connector on the below is cracked if this could be to do with the sensor as it is near air intake.

·
Registered
292 Posts
A simple Google search on the fault code suggests also changing the air filter. Have you tried that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A simple Google search on the fault code suggests also changing the air filter. Have you tried that?

I’ve ordered a new one but the current one didn’t seem to bad but will see if it makes a difference

·
Registered
292 Posts
I’ve ordered a new one but the current one didn’t seem to bad but will see if it makes a difference
I take it for granted hat you have cleared the existing fault codes and that they have back again?

·
Registered
14 Posts
if your engine is the same as mine then IAT 1 is part of the MAF sensor ( Mass air flow) and if it’s this you can try cleaning the sensor with appropriate cleaner. IAT 2 is part of the MAP ( manifold absolute pressure ) sensor and on my model it is located on the top intercooler hose just as it comes out of the intercooler and is really hard to see, It’s hidden behind the front slam panel. The wire had broken on mine and I soldered in a new section , cleared the fault code and its now running perfect . Took hours to research and find the fault as there is not much info on this model!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Why are you trying to fix it instead of letting the dealer sort it under warranty?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts