Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for not posting in the "Hi There" part first but the situation is this.

Have got a Ceed 3 as a hire car for the next week. I picked it up tonight and when I turned on the igntion the stereo was on. I pressed the off button and off it went. Great so we drive home.

Now it wont turn back on. In fact pressing any of the buttons on the stereo does nothing.

I was just wondering if any of you good folks would know the solution.

Just didnt want a week on hols with no tunes in the car. I did a search but couldnt find anything.

Appreciate any suggestions. Quite a nice car.

·
Registered
442 Posts
HI, What i did when this happened to me was to pull the fuse out and then put it back in. Everything worked ok after this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If its a hire car and you dont need it until next week then first port of call is the rental agency to get the car exchanged.

On the Ceed that I had as a rental a month or so ago, someone had managed to push too hard on the bottom of the round dial in the centre of the radio, which pushed it into the radio so that shorted it out and nothing worked so pulling the fuse might not fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys but off and away on hols from 7am tomorrow so it cant go back.

Thanks anyway. Never had this happen before on a car.

No tunes for us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top marks to RichardB!

At 7.30 am this morning I pulled the fuse panel off to find the fuse for the stereo was the only one that was set for easy removal (funny that). Pulled it out, pushed it back in.

Bingo! We have tunes.

Thanks again! What lovely people you are.

Not a bad motorway cruiser the Ceed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts