Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took the plunge and decided to change our car. We were looking at changing for a '2', but were persuaded to go for a GT-Line 2.0 CRDi 48v, thankfully at really good price, we couldn't have afforded it otherwase. We picked it up Thursday, however because of the current national crisis, we have not been far.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Really nice was torn over that colour or lunar silver and I went with the latter just because it was only available on the gt line s but its a great colour... Had mine a couple of weeks and love it apart from the mpg..... Enjoy (y)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really nice was torn over that colour or lunar silver and I went with the latter just because it was only available on the gt line s but its a great colour... Had mine a couple of weeks and love it apart from the mpg..... Enjoy (y)
And thanks to your experiences I had no problem finding the Information screen.
One thing I hadn't expected, even though the specification sheet says the Electronic Parking Brake is DCT only, our manual gearbox car has an Electronic Parking Brake. I had it on a previous car and I missed it on the last car, so its a bonus to have it back.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
My first experience of the electronic parking brake and its great.
Some people don’t seem to like it but I agree with you that it’s great. Among several specific ’tools’ on my current car that will be ‘must haves’ on any future car, the EPB ranks highly along with the autohold function which is excellent.

As for comfort features, I wouldn’t want to be without my heated steering wheel but that comes as standard along with heated seats on many cars nowadays. The ventilated seats work well but there isn’t a great need for that function in the UK although in southern Europe, definitely!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You're lucky you got yours, I have ordered a GT LIne S 1.6 CRDI Auto DCT in the same colour as yours, it was supposed to arrive early March, then late March and then today heard it will be early May at the earliest. I would rather it be late than somebody be in danger of this dreaded virus. Does anyone know where the Sportage is made?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're lucky you got yours, I have ordered a GT LIne S 1.6 CRDI Auto DCT in the same colour as yours, it was supposed to arrive early March, then late March and then today heard it will be early May at the earliest. I would rather it be late than somebody be in danger of this dreaded virus. Does anyone know where the Sportage is made?
Our dealer couldn't source and 1.6 CRDi in any colour other than black or white. We were all set to walk away when he came up with the deal for the 2.0 CRDi in Blue Flame. I believe they are manufactured in Slovakia and come into this country through Grimsby. If you do a Google Maps search for Paragon Automotive and look at the satellite image you will see it is a 'SMALL' site... :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cracking. Love the colour. Will you be towing the caravan with it ? Would be good to here how it performs. Guess it will be a long time before we get back on the road with them .Enjoy

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cracking. Love the colour. Will you be towing the caravan with it ? Would be good to here how it performs. Guess it will be a long time before we get back on the road with them .Enjoy
Thanks. Yes we will be towing the caravan, when this crisis eventually allows, hopefully it is as good as the last car. I can't really comment much on how it drives, we haven't had a chance to give it a proper run. One thing we have noticed, at low speeds the throttle response is much better, probably helped by the hybrid element doing its thing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The 48V sportage was on our possible list for when the 1.7crdi goes back.
For some reason, though, the mechanically identical Tucson 48V is much cheaper to lease or PCP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts