Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to get OEM tyres for a Rio? Hankook Centum K702. Camskill Tyres list them but unfortunately no stock. A few places list the Hankook Optima but not the Centums.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
What size are you after. I took a set off my car when I put 15inch alloys on. 2 of the Hankooks are new and the other 2 are used and they are on the steel wheels. Size 175/70/14.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're the ones. I don't need new tyres for a while yet, just speculating (I really must get out more!)
A mate has a Rio the same age as mine and had to get new front tyres when it went in for its first service (he does drive like The Stig though). The dealer fitted Roadstones (never heard of 'em), made in China, and charged him just over a hundred quid for 'em.

Bet they only cost 50p each...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Centum K702 are an old tread pattern optima is the replacement you may be lucky and find someone with a pair on the shelf Nexan are a great budget tyre

·
Registered
35 Posts
low end korean tyres never provide much performance other than light pottering around, i suppose the Rio in general are designed for that in mind. My Rio came with Hankook Solus, and in the wet with the heavy diesel lump in the front, its just bordering dangerous. The price you pay to get the exact tyre model you're looking for, if you manage to find them, you can get better tyres for the same money. I suggest Kumho Escta or Falken for budgets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts