Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New to the forum. Just ordered my first ever new car today. 2022 Ceed GT-Line.

Estimated delivery is March. Hadn't planned on going diesel again and found it odd that the top spec was only offered in the diesel option. Haven't really been able to find any reviews in english, but I've driven Ceeds for 12+ years now and apart from a service once a year they have never skipped a beat.

Interested to hear you experiences of ordering new and actual delivery timescales vs estimated timescales in the current climate.

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi this is great info thanks. Yeah this will be my first automatic. Sounds like the MPG will be a fair bit better than my current 2018 Ceed GT-Line 1.6 CRDI (averaging c. 46mpg). I'm actually looking forward to having a heated steering wheel the most :LOL:. I do a bit of sea swimming here in the NW of Northern Ireland most mornings so every little helps !

I've been given estimated delivery for March, but I anticipate that it'll be late March / early April in reality. Will keep the forum posted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick post, no update yet from dealer on March delivery for the new ceed. I've seen a couple of the petrol GT-Lines arriving in dealers on social media, but haven't spotted a diesel GT-line yet. Seems the new facelift models are starting to trickle in to dealerships though :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had call with dealer today. Still no information from Kia in terms of delivery date or timescale. They said Kia only update the information every 14 days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The diesel model of the Ceed seems to have been withdrawn from the build / configurator on the Kia UK website. Does this mean they have withdrawn the model for sale in the UK? My dealership has zero information. I placed my order on 3rd January and wonder if they have withdrawn the model, what effect this has?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Further update from dealer this morning.... 'The diesel derivative has been withdrawn by Kia UK; however all existing order will be fulfilled'. Might make this a very rare model :unsure:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update from the dealer this morning. Car is down for build and delivery in May. They did say it would be the tail-end of May, but at least thats something to go on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update - after being told last week that build and delivery would be May, I have been contacted by the dealer today to say that Kia are no longer going to manufacture this car. I wonder what my options are?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I very reluctantly abandoned Kia today and ordered a Toyota Corolla GR 1.8 hybrid. I’ve been with Kia for 12 years and really loved the specs and finish in the Ceed category. But my purchasing experience, let down, and disinformation in relation to my order of the 2022 Ceed has put me totally off the brand. When I phoned the dealer to let them know I was definitely not interested in other options they said that they are also disappointed in Kia centrally and the information / decisions they are making

1 - 9 of 9 Posts