Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
468 Posts
Best of luck with it. Just taken my new GT line on and it's really impressive. A friend currently has an A3 as a hire car and we both agree the Ceed knocks stripes off it. Having both been spoilt with nice cars (well spec'd Audi's, VWs, Volvos and fast hatches) in the past, the Ceed does really feel up there now. On par with the traditional big players.

Great level of customisation in the infotainment system and high spec are really nice touches. It'll be doing 250 or so tomorrow and I'm looking forward to a good real world test.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I went with an ex-demo but was quoted three months for a build. Dealer seemed quite confident in the delivery date.
Seems everyone is struggling with building them at the moment. That said our Volvo was built to date as promised in Feb last year.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I looked at Kia Slovakia today they are selling Kia Ceed diesel automatics over there so must have plenty of gearboxes but its not fair on people like us who have been waiting nearly 5 months for an automatic box.
Are they selling to order? No guarantee of getting it immediately.

·
Registered
468 Posts
But you have zero qualification to your claim. They may in fact have to wait 10 months for theirs, or not at all.

You’ve had to wait 5 months because of external conditions. If the supply side suddenly wakes up from its covid/war/2021-2 slumber that is just bad luck for you when you ordered.
Look what other brands are doing and the wait times they have…

·
Registered
468 Posts
Pretty sure it was a market decision. The equivalent is/was available as a spec in Europe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts