Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New to the forum. Just ordered my first ever new car today. 2022 Ceed GT-Line.

Estimated delivery is March. Hadn't planned on going diesel again and found it odd that the top spec was only offered in the diesel option. Haven't really been able to find any reviews in english, but I've driven Ceeds for 12+ years now and apart from a service once a year they have never skipped a beat.

Interested to hear you experiences of ordering new and actual delivery timescales vs estimated timescales in the current climate.

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I've moved your post into the Ceed section as you are more likely to get a response to your query.

·
Registered
Ceed Diesel Sportswagon MHEV
29 Posts
Hello....

I have the Ceed SW 3 with the same engine / hybrid engine combo, and after 7 months of ownership and 24K miles, I am more than happy with it..

Delivery for mine was delayed a couple of months with covid issues, ordered Jan 2021 was initially told March but delivered May 2021, but apart from that, the only issue I am having is that the sat nav has stopped working, and thinks I am 100 miles away from my home address all of the time. This hopefully will be fixed next week when it goes in to have replacement shark fin aerial fitted...

The thing is comfy enough for all of the motorway driving I do, and is returning just under 60 MPG being sat at 70 most of the time... There are a few weird bits to get used too which will throw you at first, and the main one is the engine either switching off or going onto tickover at 70 on the motorway when you lift off... Very strange the first couple of times, but you get used to it, along with a similar thing happening when approaching junctions.

Adblue wise, because i do mostly motorway I think, the thing has yet to use half a tank full, so that seems OK to me also...

Dont tend to bother switching though the modes and leave it in Eco all of the time, as its quick enough (Car is tracked by work so have to be careful), but sport mode does bring in the extra power from the battery quite well...

Hopefully this gives you a few bits to look forward too...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi this is great info thanks. Yeah this will be my first automatic. Sounds like the MPG will be a fair bit better than my current 2018 Ceed GT-Line 1.6 CRDI (averaging c. 46mpg). I'm actually looking forward to having a heated steering wheel the most :LOL:. I do a bit of sea swimming here in the NW of Northern Ireland most mornings so every little helps !

I've been given estimated delivery for March, but I anticipate that it'll be late March / early April in reality. Will keep the forum posted.

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
377 Posts
Best of luck with it. Just taken my new GT line on and it's really impressive. A friend currently has an A3 as a hire car and we both agree the Ceed knocks stripes off it. Having both been spoilt with nice cars (well spec'd Audi's, VWs, Volvos and fast hatches) in the past, the Ceed does really feel up there now. On par with the traditional big players.

Great level of customisation in the infotainment system and high spec are really nice touches. It'll be doing 250 or so tomorrow and I'm looking forward to a good real world test.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Be really interested to see if your car is delivered in the expected time scale.
I've just cancelled another order with another manufacturer after waiting for 8 months....

Glad I did in the long run though. Loved the XCeed as soon as I test drove it 😎

·
Registered
377 Posts
I went with an ex-demo but was quoted three months for a build. Dealer seemed quite confident in the delivery date.
Seems everyone is struggling with building them at the moment. That said our Volvo was built to date as promised in Feb last year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick post, no update yet from dealer on March delivery for the new ceed. I've seen a couple of the petrol GT-Lines arriving in dealers on social media, but haven't spotted a diesel GT-line yet. Seems the new facelift models are starting to trickle in to dealerships though :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a quick post, no update yet from dealer on March delivery for the new ceed. I've seen a couple of the petrol GT-Lines arriving in dealers on social media, but haven't spotted a diesel GT-line yet. Seems the new facelift models are starting to trickle in to dealerships though :)
I ordered the mild hybrid diesel automatic GT Line yesterday and was given a delivery time of 16 weeks.

I currently have a 19 plate 1.0 petrol manual GT Line, which I do really like but I'm looking forward to having the automatic with a bit extra punch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The diesel model of the Ceed seems to have been withdrawn from the build / configurator on the Kia UK website. Does this mean they have withdrawn the model for sale in the UK? My dealership has zero information. I placed my order on 3rd January and wonder if they have withdrawn the model, what effect this has?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Further update from dealer this morning.... 'The diesel derivative has been withdrawn by Kia UK; however all existing order will be fulfilled'. Might make this a very rare model :unsure:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've ended up cancelling my order for a Ceed SW. With work commitments I need a car sooner rather than later and without even an estimate of a delivery date from the dealer, I decided to call it quits.

Managed to get a deal for a Hyundai Tucson for the same price, which is apparently part of a batch already ordered so should hopefully be delivered in 4-6 weeks. I'm sure that might slip but it's good to at least have a timeframe to work with.

Hope everyone gets theirs sooner rather than later!

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Don't expect to get it yet we ordered our 1.6CRDi 48V GT Line in December last year and still no update given apart from gearbox being in Ukraine which i don't believe.
Why do you not believe it? Ceed is built @ Žilina, Slovakia. Same factory as the Sportage is built at. Which is not far from Ukrainian border.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Beacause the story keeps changing for one. Also when we were first told of gearbox shortage nothing had happened in Ukraine. I did ask on here if the Sportage and Ceed auto gearboxes are the same but nobody can tell me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update from the dealer this morning. Car is down for build and delivery in May. They did say it would be the tail-end of May, but at least thats something to go on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I looked at Kia Slovakia today they are selling Kia Ceed diesel automatics over there so must have plenty of gearboxes but its not fair on people like us who have been waiting nearly 5 months for an automatic box.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I looked at Kia Slovakia today they are selling Kia Ceed diesel automatics over there so must have plenty of gearboxes but its not fair on people like us who have been waiting nearly 5 months for an automatic box.
Are they selling to order? No guarantee of getting it immediately.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts