Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - as I've mentioned before I've ordereda Rio Strike2 from Gravells in Kidwelly/ Sth Wales and they are meant to be a very good, however, when I bought the car I wasn't advised a delivery date, but a few weeks ago they advised delivery 30th April or 5th May - low and behold, I've not received my car and o be honest I am getting very agitated (I've remained calm and friendly with the sales guy), but I wont to blow my top!

I ordered the car 18th February and it has been 12 weeks (yesterday)! Is this lead time roughly right or is there something they aren't telling me?!?!?

Worse thing is that I've been without a car and have to get to work30 miles away without said car (as mine died and bought via scrappage scheme)!

Should I now be entitled to a courtesy car and does anyone one know who the boses names are within Gravells south Wales?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey! When i rodered my rio it took about 12-13 weeks so thats roughly right, they have a big demand at the moment for them so may even be a bit longer!
Afraid you probably wont be entitled to a courtesy car unless you agreed it under the contract of the sale.
I know there are a few sons working under the main Gravell guy, i think Jonathan Gravell is one!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I ordered mine at the end of January and am due to get it this week, the wait has definately been a struggle and I find kia's system of "can't tell you anything untill its in the country" unbelieveable. Hang in there, hopefully you don't have too long left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered my Kia Rio 3rd week of March and was told approx 8 weeks so looks like i was told a complete bag of lies then?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If there isn't a car already on the way or in the country and it has to come from the factory the standard estimate seems to be 8 to 10 weeks. The dealer told me that kia's system doesn't have any way of being any more specific until the car is on its way/in the country. Which I think is a terrible system. Obviously with the high demand at the moment it seems the wait is at the longer end of the scale.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the little reply... Matth T, your right that was the guy I spoke to an they gave me a courtesy car (in fairness they didn't have too)! I'm now driving around in a Diatsu Move+ (if you don't know what that it, google it - effin funny)!!! Anyhow, I was then told at the point of getting a car that it'll be with me Bank Holiday weekend (got confirmation of reg etc), so not long now!

Lead-time is most certainly 'not' 8 weeks more like 14 +/- a week (told by the the owner of Gravells).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there, ordered my rio graphite 14th feb, and told delivery expected before end of march.
Then told end of april, and finally that the car would be in the country by the 1st may.

When the car is in the country kia need approx 10 days to do whatever they do, and I eventually received mine on 14th may - told the dealer I could have had a roller hand built in this time - although slightly more expensive!

They did offer me a rio strike around the end of march, black one.

Their system is poor, they must know when the car is on its way at the least.

My advice, get the reg and arrange insurance in plenty of time so there are no further hold ups regarding road tax and release.

Good luck for the bank holiday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe they do not register the car until it is at the dealers so you can't get the reg before that (thats how it was with mine anyway). However Kia give 7 days free insurance which covers you while you sort your own out (I think this is a new thing?). It was easy enough to do, I was given the reg and a phone number to call in the morning, ring them and they ask you the usual insurance type questions and thats it done, they email the insurance certificate to the dealer and I picked it up at lunch time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOOHOO... I've had mine now since Fri-28-May-2010! I'm well chuffed with it, worth the wait (lol).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts