Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I was at Europarts recently, with their 50% online discount managed to purchase a pair of Bosch wiper blades the AR18U and AR26U for a modest £16.00 for the front windscreen. Unfortunately they could not supply a rear wiper blade for the estate version of the Optima. We have a large dealership which handles all KIA sales and spare parts in my area, there are very few independent garages around. My question is, does anyone know of a 3rd party supplier or have a part number and an approximate cost for a replacement blade without having to go through the KIA dealership.

Many thanks,

Donald

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
,My question is, does anyone know of a 3rd party supplier or have a part number and an approximate cost for a replacement blade without having to go through the KIA dealership.
Hi 'dephillips101' and welcome to the forum.

I don't have the answer you seek but this link is to the people I deal with for wiper blade and I have found their service to be excellent.

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/optima-years-2016-to-2019-wiper-blades

I had a quick look but couldn't see any reference to the tailgate wiper on the Sportswagon. Perhaps a phone call might prove useful? That said, some motor factors still supply the actual rubber blade with backing which allows for removal of the actual rubber if it's possible to remove the old rubber from the wiper. I bought a couple of metres from an independent motor factor in Royston about 5 years ago which allowed me to do the full set of blades on my previous car, the Hyundai i40 version of the later introduced (and better) KIA Optima Sportswagon. Although I can't remember the actual cost, it wasn't much more than a pint of beer!

Just a word of warning if you should ever contemplate replacing just the rubbers, if you can locate a seller: It requires a bit of care as the metal lugs which locate the rubber and backing in the blade holder are just base metal and can be easily broken. Handled with respect, it's a quick and easy low-cost solution to blade replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts