Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been and checked out the optima today at my local dealer in Kings Lynn. Overall very impressed with the quality and attention to detail. I can't help thinking that 23k for a Kia exec car is a lot..it is nice and well equipped but 23k..it does have an auto with paddle shift though! 1.7 diesel is the only engine too :( It's nice and I will consider one when they become available on the second hand/ex demo market!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Compare it to a passat or isignia of the same spec and then think long and hard if it's expencive. I worked out (roughtly) as the Kia optima 3 is a little better spec-ed than the passat but doesn't have DSG just paddle shift auto, so little difference to the end user....at £33k I had my old passat 6yrs, it cost me £22k new...cost me £4000+ from year 3 to year 6 to keep on the road and traded it in for £4750. And to top it off majority of the work I had done to keep it on the road would have been under Kia Warranty I understand. Oh....and a fortnight after being rid of it I got a letter, a recall, on the faulty parts I had already replaced at my cost.

Anyway...point of my rant...don't look at is as an expencive Kia...look at it as a damgoogle value compeditor to other manufactures with a 7yr safety net or a warranty of the same quality.Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Any cars in the 20k bracket when new you can strip at least 8k off them in the first year. Frightening isn't it

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't understand what is going on with the Optima. My local dealer had one in the showroom on 16 Jan. They have a full page advert in our local paper every week. No mention of the Optima at all.

S.G. Spetch; big Kia dealer. No mention of the Optima on their website. I know that sales are limited to 16 per dealer in the UK for 2012, but it seems that no one is promoting it.

I was extemely interestedin trading in my Cee'd 3 SW foran OptimaTech 2 Automatic, but quite honestly I think it is too big for my needs, so I'm waiting to see the new cee'd hatchback and SW before making a decision in Sep/Oct

1 - 5 of 5 Posts