Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello!
I agree with most of the comments made by 2012Vengaman. I have a 2016 Venga 4 CRDi 1.6. It is the most versatile car I have ever owned.
I love the sliding rear seats the variable boot floor, allows me to take all holiday luggage in the boot.
As for the economy on a run I get 52mpg and around town 49mpg, not as good as my previous Skoda Fabia Estate which gave 60mpg on a run, but perfectly respectable.
The only disappointment is the Bluetooth connectivity, worked fine with my old Samsung J5 but will not pair with the Motorola G7 power, and sat nav has to be updated by a dealer.
The engine is a little noisy, but that is to be expected from a diesel and the chain driven cam is a bonus, no need the change the belt every 4 years (£300).
My dealer does a bodywork and paint check for free when carrying out a service, so underbody problems should be found and fixed.
So overall I'm more than pleased with my Venga, has plenty of power on tap. Tyres (Michelin Energy Saver) seem to wear well my rears have 4mm left on them with 34.5K on the clock.
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
The wife loves our 2017 auto. I don't like the noisey engine (no bonnet soundproofing at the top of the range). Bump steer at the rear (bad suspension geometry design) ,Low front spoiler that catches on kerbs, Very thin wings with no edge trims, No cill protection from shoes, no door bump strips, Horrid sat nav. poor paint finish in shutfaces (no varnish). Stoopid battery fixings,Rattley seat belt holders, door stays that cut the rubber door seals. Dare not look any further!!.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bobt -
Re: Noisy engine - yeah, my 1.6 petrol MPI trim level 3 is "tappy" but its the injector rail being at the front of the engine with no sound baffle on the engine or bonnet sound proofing. But to be fair to Kia on this, neither of my previous cars had bonnet sound deadening either.
Re: Rear bump steer - I had to look up what bump steer was and can't find any references being a rear problem. Everything I read says it is to do with the geometry change when suspension moves and wheels are turned. If you have it on the rear I'd suggest maybe the rear axle /cross member has had a shunt?
I agree the metal used is quite thin and the wings are a bit "flexible"
Cill protection / bump strips - again, never had it as standard in any car. These are available on Ebay etc and from Kia themselves. But yeah , maybe it would have been nice to have them on the high spec model
I don't have sat nav so can't comment
My car shut faces do have top coat on all except the rear hatch. Depending where your issue is, has the car had a bump and not been sprayed properly?
Battery fixings on mine are normal spanner /nut affair I think. Is yours one of these AGM thingies for ISG maybe? (mine doesn't have ISG)
Seat belt holders - pad them with a bit of foam maybe? Mine don't rattle
Door stays - mine do compress the door seal but I can't say it would cut it over a long period. Mine is 8 and still fine.
The head rests aren't head rests - they are head restraints(well they are on mine). A head rest is for relaxing into. A head restraint is to stop whiplash in an accident (when adjusted properly). It tells you how to set them in the manual and yes, if you try to use them as head rests, you do need an odd shaped head.

Having said all that the Venga isn't a luxury car in any trim level, it was designed as a mini MPV with higher models having a few toys. It was never going to be up there with the likes of Mercedes etc..its not that type of car or intended for that prestige market.
Essentially its a practical kiddie mobile with enough space inside without being big outside and having a high seating postion to encourage older people with limited mobility to buy one (hence they were also popular on Motability.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the car from new,no accidents. Bump steer ,car hops sideways when hits a normal bump, caused by poor suspension geometry. More usual on front of a car if steering rack mounted too high.To get the battery out, Remove computer with Hudini's help as bolts are behind computer. Strangely car supplied from new with non std cheap Chinese battery!, still sorting that one out.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Had the car from new,no accidents. Bump steer ,car hops sideways when hits a normal bump, caused by poor suspension geometry. More usual on front of a car if steering rack mounted too high.To get the battery out, Remove computer with Hudini's help as bolts are behind computer. Strangely car supplied from new with non std cheap Chinese battery!, still sorting that one out.
LOL - ahh yeah, the ECU attached to the battery....I'd never seen that before either
Apparently the way to do it is to use a mirror to see where the spanner goes.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts