Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To save myself some money I'm buying the oild for my next service. KIA have advised me that the recommended oil is Mobil 1 C3 Grade Fully Synthetic however a quick google shows no such oil.

Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think your find KIA recommends, Shell Helix motor oil, the one i was looking at is, Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5W-30 Premium Fully Synthetic Engine Oil ACEA C2/ACEA C3. With a DPF Diesel classification is
ACEA C3, (page 8-4 in manual). I have a K3 Auto Diesel 2.0L sat nav, and that is the oil i will use in my first service.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve69 said:
You need the following
5W30
Fully Synthetic
Low Ash
Castrol

It's called castrol edge
Just topped mine up

Thats the fella, cheers, shame Castrol don't do a 5L as it takes 4.1L for the service so its a 4+1 then.
Edited by: HGF69

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of interest Steve, why the Edge one and not Magnatec which is about a tenner cheaper? Whats the difference in not too technical terms?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
PowStu said:
The C3 spec means that the oil has lower sulphate ash, phosphorous andsulphur content. Not sure how that affects anything though :)

If you don't use low ash on the diesels, your DPF will get clogged up prematurely.

·
Registered
291 Posts
HGF69 said:
Steve69 said:
You need the following
5W30
Fully Synthetic
Low Ash
Castrol

It's called castrol edge
Just topped mine up

Thats the fella, cheers, shame Castrol don't do a 5L as it takes 4.1L for the service so its a 4+1 then.
[/QUO TE]

I think with the cost of this oil I would try 4ltr first then check dipstick before you buy another ltr.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Techno said:
PowStu said:
The C3 spec means that the oil has lower sulphate ash, phosphorous andsulphur content. Not sure how that affects anything though :)

If you don't use low ash on the diesels, your DPF will get clogged up prematurely.

I thought that but then I second guessed myself by thinking that you burn diesel not your oil so why would your oil contents end up in the DPF?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Grim, I'm trying to find a decent 5L like Edge but under £45 as thats what I'llsave if I bring my own oil. Something around the £35 would be ideal without too much compromise on quality.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
What Oil is recommended by KIA for the 1.0-litre Petrol 3cyl engine in the Stonic.
I will be collecting my Stonic in a couple of weeks and always like to have a litre of the recommended oil in the Garage for top-ups

1 - 20 of 20 Posts