Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a quick question... I bought some oil for my picanto today 61plate and I thought I'd buy some incase need to top up.. but I've been told by a friend who has a new fiesta that you shouldn't have to top up the oil level in a new car as it shouldn't be losing oil.. and that it could ruin my warranty if topped up :s but I always thought oil levels should be topped up in order to not damage the engine. Can anyone help me plz I'm to worried to top the oil level up if I needed to

·
Registered
536 Posts
if its not shell helix oil dont bother putting it in. kia as per any maufacture will use it as a get out clause. plus thats what it'll have in it already and mixing oils isnt best practice if you can help it. As thunderbird said ALL cars will use oil over time especialy when brand new and very old. I would say modern cars need topping up (or at least checking) more regular as they have smaller sumps orcatch tanks. If you do ever get a small leak theres a good chance more damage will be done in comparison to an older car.Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw thanks so much ... I've bought some from halforda castrol I haven't put it in the car or opened it yet... As the sales guy told me it would be fine to use... Il have to phone up furrows and see if I can get some oil there hopefully. Thanku :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's not a matter of mixing it or anything like that, it'll be fine.. It's just kia and other manufactures have voided peoples warranties for using oil that's not recomended by them. I mean no disrespect but it even tells you what brand, type and viscosity under the bonnet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey spanglemon in my log book it says shell helix motor oil 5w 30 or 5w 20. But u cam check with ur dealer a :) s well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts