Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
sorry I am a newbie, but obviously not good at computers as I can't see how to say "Hi" as a newbie???
My Diesel Sedona 2008, has in the last few days developed a serious engine noise. I have very little cash to spare (same as a lot of people I suppose)and have a very helpful friend,but no workshop manual available.The noise is coming from the bottom of the engine,possibly the oil pump? The car has done 56k and is just out of warrantee. The noise is a loud chattering or rattling noise, the noise is much worse at idle and quietens once the engine revs are increased even slightly!
Any ideas please?
Can't do with out my big bus, my grandson thinks its a spaceship.
Cheers Clare Bear

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,

There is a known issue with No 1 crankshaft bearing cap. noise sounds like from the oil pump/sump area.
How far out of warranty is it? has it got full service history?Its quite an involved job, so not cheap if done by main dealer. But worth asking them.

If it is this fault, req sump off, cap removal and machined to specs in bulletin with new parts in bulletin. Your local dealer/parts dept should be aware of this and have a copy of bulletin.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, Many thanks for that info. It sounds like this could well be the problem. Just checking my dates for warrantee. Really hoping it may still be covered. Think it may be! Heres hoping. Cheers Clare Bear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts