Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all...
A question for all you Kia experts out there.

Every time I start my CEED after a hour or more parking the oil pressure light takes at least 2 - 3 seconds to extinguish. Sounds a short time but I wonder if this is correct. My CEED is a 114hp CRDi. I am very pleased with it in general but am slightly concerned on this delay.

I accept that if it expires I have the warranty to fall back on but should I be prepared for an issue or are all CEEDS with this engine the same ??

Thanks all in anticipation of your comments....unless of course you tell me to sell it quick !!

Rog.

·
Registered
111 Posts
have you had it serviced at the dealers or an independant ? the type of oil filter is crucial as only genuine types have a littl one way flap valve that stops the oil draining back when the engine is turned off i would also check for correct oil grades as this is probably a fully synthetic oil for this engine with a 5 /30 or 5/40 rating if its not cold starting at these temperatures will see the light take its time to go out

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the advice, sadly I havn't had the car serviced yet as it is only 5 months old with 4500 miles on the clock. The oil level is to maximum and an oil change is not yet due.
Do you have a similar ceed as does it behave in a similar way ??

Thanks

Rog

·
Registered
111 Posts
hmm .. im thinking now it wont probably be fully synth oil in it if its this new and had no oil changes from the factory best thing to do is go to the dealers show them your concerns get them to note it down that you have been in with this query and then get them to start up any other one of the same type to see if they are the same , my money for what its worth is he will say " yeah they all do that" oldest cliche in the book but one they never tire of using wether right or wrong!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts