Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have moved my question from "Newbie" to "CEED" as that seems to be the correct thing to do..

OK..Goodafternoon all, I have purchased a ceed 2 crdi 1600 "hi power" and am very pleased thus far. two things have slightly tarnished my new toy tho....

1)..According to my manual I should have had supplied with the car a lead of some sort to plug an Ipod into it...whatever the hell that is. I can't find it so assume that it is still at the dealership somewhere. They of course are saying I shouldn't have one...should I ??

2)..Far more important as I am "old school". My oil pressure light takes at least 2 seconds to extinguish on either cold or warm start up.....is this normal ???

My last cars oil light was out instantaniously....no worries.

Anyones advice would be greatly appreciated, even if it means starting your own car up from cold to try it for me !!!

Thanks.

Rog.

·
Registered
662 Posts
i pod lead should be in the car IF its an i pod compatible radio look at the aux/ usb socket if it says i pod then it should have a lead if it does not and just has aux / usb then it wont have a lead

2 seconds to extinguish light is acceptable it will vary with car to car as to how far the pressure switch is located from the oil pump

·
Registered
94 Posts
The lead for mine is within a plastic bag that was in the owners manuals and service book wallet.

If was a new car and you dont have it ask the dealer to get you one. Like me you may never use it but if at sometime in the future the need asrises and we get modern it will to hand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
it used to be standard spec but since the latest spec change it is not standard kit anymore. Dealers charge about 15 quid be sure they get you one for your exact cee'd as the one from my pro_cee'd will fit the sockets of my soul but in that car it says 'empty ipod' in head unit yet when i use the souls lead it works.

·
Registered
887 Posts
All but 1 specs have them as std iirc, if your dealers charging you £15, that means he's pocketing the cash, as they are about £45 retail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts