Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the oil on my old 03 Rio at the weekend. Went to a Kia main dealer to get the filter. What struck me as odd is that it was larger than the old filter and had a different part no. It seemed to fit ok. I was wondering if anyone knew the correct part no. for the filter on a 1.3 2003 Rio?
existingfilter was 26300-02501
replacementwas 26300-35503

·
Registered
437 Posts
it is 26300 02501 which is what was on the car in the first place, the part number actually changes over to 26300 02502 as of about 2 weeks ago but both numbers are fine.
26300 35503 is for another vehicle Ie: cerato, ceed petrol.

So much for the dealer!!

I would get it swapped as soon as you can as the different sizes can make a difference.

they are made that size for a reason....

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,278 Posts
I agree! My local garage put a larger Ceed filter on my '05 rio instead of the correct small one which led to the tappets rattling in cold weather until the oil pressure built up. Once the correct filter was fitted no problem.
Phil

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought as much! You go to a main dealer and think they'll get it right and find you may as well have got an OEM part. That was Stone Acre in Hull...why am I not surprised? But I thought they could at least get a spare part right!

·
Registered
12 Posts
HiI am a bit confused by the responses to the Rio oil filter question.
I posted a question earlier this year about service kit 230. this is what my dealer used to service my 2009 Rio 1.4l petrol. Viking Paul said that service kit 230 contained filter 2630035503.In view of the above responses isservice kit 230 the wrong one for the rio, or is this not the filter in the kit, or is this the right one for my Rio. The reason I raised the question in the first place is that Iget rattle on start up which might be due to the time it takes oil to get round.

Regards
Kayem

·
Registered
437 Posts
Service kit 230 and indeed oil filter 2630035503 are the correct parts for your 2009 Rio. the other part number is for the preveious version of the Rio up to 2004/5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.