Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My car is due for service soon, it will have done 30k, the oil was changed at last service of 16k, the Kia dealer say it's not due an oil and filter change this service, but by the next service it will have done 40k, that's 24k without an oil and filter change, surely that's not right?
It's a kia Sportage 2016, 1.7 diesel, with recommended service intervals of 12 month/10k miles. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hi Rid1

We agree with you, the oil should be changed now as you're a higher mileage user. Otherwise, you'd have to go back in at 36k and have it done. Please ask the phone agent to clear this up with the dealer's service manager if necessary.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello
Thank you for that! I called customer service today and passed on your comments, I did ask why my service record book (not handbook) stated 12 months/10k miles on each service page, I was informed I had the wrong service record book and to take it up with the dealer as it should say 12month/20k Miles, after visiting 2 dealers today they both told me that all kia service record books say 12 month/10k miles, and they explained about the low and high mileage services.
The problem is if you cover more than 10k miles per year the service record book looks like you have gone over the service intervals?
Could you explain why the service record books do not show 12 months/20k miles?

Hi Rid1

We agree with you, the oil should be changed now as you're a higher mileage user. Otherwise, you'd have to go back in at 36k and have it done. Please ask the phone agent to clear this up with the dealer's service manager if necessary.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hello
Thank you for that! I called customer service today and passed on your comments, I did ask why my service record book (not handbook) stated 12 months/10k miles on each service page, I was informed I had the wrong service record book and to take it up with the dealer as it should say 12month/20k Miles, after visiting 2 dealers today they both told me that all kia service record books say 12 month/10k miles, and they explained about the low and high mileage services.
The problem is if you cover more than 10k miles per year the service record book looks like you have gone over the service intervals?
Could you explain why the service record books do not show 12 months/20k miles?
There should have been a service record book headed with 12 months / 20k so it does sound like you received a book from the wrong stock. We'll happily supply you with written confirmation to keep for any future buyer. If you'd like this, please PM us with your reg and email address.

KCS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There should have been a service record book headed with 12 months / 20k so it does sound like you received a book from the wrong stock. We'll happily supply you with written confirmation to keep for any future buyer. If you'd like this, please PM us with your reg and email address.

KCS
Hello
Thank you for your reply, I am new member and I believe new members can not send pm, could you advise please?

·
Super Moderator
3,139 Posts
You need 20 posts before you can PM.
Contact them by phone as shown on post #4 of this thread quoting the Kia Owners Club and your moniker - Rid1.

·
Super Moderator
2,202 Posts
You need 20 posts before you can PM.
Contact them by phone as shown on post #4 of this thread quoting the Kia Owners Club and your moniker - Rid1.

Since the forum upgrade there is no limit before you can start a private conversation (PM to us oldies)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts