Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I collected it last we and have put over 1600 miles on it, and I have to say it is better than I thought it would be. The dealer was fine and I bought up the points re the warranty issues you guys had and got a good response from them on all points. I bought the 1.6 diesel LS, used as demo car in mint condition, the cruise control is standard on the late models. I run it up and down the motorway each day and using cruise when I can I have had an indicated 63.5 mph. It is comfortable and pulls like a train once it is going, things I don't like are few. The stereo I was lead to believe was supposed to be very good, well it does not have blue tooth which I think is a must these days, the speakers are low down and do not give a very good quality sound, the front speakers seem to be the same as the backs, in other cars the fronts are always the quality speakers. I will let you know when I get them out and change them and the radio.
Wallows a bit on corners but then I am judging it against an Astra SXI with firm suspension so a little unfare.

Things I do like twin 12volt sockets, climate control, MPG, comfort for driving, steering wheel adjustable settings, the size of the car inside, the bottle holders in the boot.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am glad that your happy with your car.
I am in a similar situation as yourself with my 3 week old Rio diesel and am also happy with the car.

btw, if you get the odd hot metallic smell in the car when driving up hill, its not a problem (as I thought it was). Its just the turbo getting hot and burning off its coating oil.

·
Registered
60 Posts
about the stereo....I dont know if I have a different stereo in mine cos its a 2.0 sport but i have to say the sound from mine is amazing!!!! the sound is miles better than my old car which had a #600 pound soundsystem in it....so i think it must just be because you have got a lower model & the same for the handling, because my handling is excellent, round corners is really isnt far off my 4wd subaru impreza I had and the suspension is firm enough for me!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear you guys are happy, I have put a few thousand miles on the car and continue to be happy with the car.
Dealer was good as well, so I will be going back to the Corby garage to have it serviced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts