Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought this for their JA Picanto? Although my orange Picanto does not need one yet (as it lives in a garage when not been driven) when I buy my second Kia it will be living outside....in the Australian sun. Although I have a high end 3M tint on the windows and may look into getting some sort of windscreen shade, I would like to get the dash mat as it will definitely help preserve the interior (which remains "as new" to this point).

But I worry about these things because they may use adhesives that finally give up and leave marks that can never be removed. This happened with a GPS mount, for example, on a previous family car.

Then again the OEM product may be shaped in such a way that it simply sits on the dashboard and does not need any adhesives, etc. But the official description does say "velco tabs" so maybe it is not such a good idea...

Anyone know or better still anyone actually have one yet?

Registered
I bought one for my Picanto JA that came with sticky velcro pads, but I didn't use them, and just laid the mat on the dash, and it stays in place.

Super Moderator
Had one on the stonic. But only to kill the reflections on screen when driving.
Like above had small sticky velcro pads. But stayed in place with no problems without.

Well worth it.

Reactions: Cold Sausage

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Exactly what I was hoping for (that they will stay in place without the pads). Thank you again for the double assurance!

Registered
Has anyone bought this for their JA Picanto? Although my orange Picanto does not need one yet (as it lives in a garage when not been driven) when I buy my second Kia it will be living outside....in the Australian sun. Although I have a high end 3M tint on the windows and may look into getting some sort of windscreen shade, I would like to get the dash mat as it will definitely help preserve the interior (which remains "as new" to this point).

But I worry about these things because they may use adhesives that finally give up and leave marks that can never be removed. This happened with a GPS mount, for example, on a previous family car.

Then again the OEM product may be shaped in such a way that it simply sits on the dashboard and does not need any adhesives, etc. But the official description does say "velco tabs" so maybe it is not such a good idea...

Anyone know or better still anyone actually have one yet?
I have KIA dash mat, used the Velcro pads so it did not slip off from the huge torque of the GT. They are manufactured by Shevron here in AU and the extra cost must be just for the KIA tag. Way cheaper off ebay and look the same except with a Shevron tag!

Registered
Should have said, got mine off Ebay, but it still fits perfectly, and the apertures are all in the correct place, plus it definitely reduces reflection on windscreen, which was my main purpose of buying it.

Super Moderator
Dito. Mine was of ebay.
Not aware of official Kia in the UK.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking at this, would it still fit the new facelift model with the larger media unit compared to the older JA model? Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like it might not. This doesn't worry me personally as the car that would need the mat is my 2018 car but others might have to take the increased unit size into consideration with this particular mat. This potential issue does not seem to be a problem with Beebee's style of mat.

Registered
Looking at this, would it still fit the new facelift model with the larger media unit compared to the older JA model? Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like it might not. This doesn't worry me personally as the car that would need the mat is my 2018 car but others might have to take the increased unit size into consideration with this particular mat. This potential issue does not seem to be a problem with Beebee's style of mat.
Cant see why not as just a different size screen that sits in front.

Registered
This is the one I bought Black Dashboard Mats Dash Mat for 2018 KIA Picanto RH Drive | eBay
This is how it fits behind the media unit.

Attachments

Registered
Sorry to be a pain but can you tell me what make that steering wheel cover is you've got fitted? I quite fancy a cover for ours.
Many thanks
sorry I don't know the make. I thought I bought that off eBay too, but I cannot find it in my purchase history nor PayPal history. It wasn't expensive doubt it was more than 拢20 as it's PU leather, but still very durable, and none of the diamant茅's/Rhinestones have come off. There's some on amazon, I did notice that some of them have a black strip of faux leather at the bottom, but mine has diamant茅's all round the cover.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts