Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 week old kx2 2.0 diesel and took it off road yesterday and it really performed well, going everywhere my old freelander went. I did find that the hill desent control was a too quick for the slope but other than that it was great. Anyone else taken theirs off road?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
We have done some of the local green lanes in ours without any drama, one on the way back from first picking it up from the dealer. I haven't used the hill descent control but Mrs T has and she said the same as you... it's too fast.

I can't see us taking it off road proper, except across the odd open field. Green lanes and dirt roads will have to do, and then only well cleared ones as there is too much risk of body damage otherwise. Look the state of the Disco in the pic below. The Land Rover behind is mine so we tend to use that for venturing into the rough stuff. It's a lot more suited to the task than a Sportage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, where I took it was just at its edge of operational range. Would love a disco or defender to play with, but that will have to wait. Its nice to know that it performs the same as the freelander did.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I heard a rumour that one of the motoring magazines wanted to take a Sportage over the Strata Florida road in mid Wales not far from where the last pic above was taken. It used to be drivable in an ordinary saloon car but in recent years the route has become quite eroded so it would be quite a challenge. I won't be trying it in ours.

We are off to Wales next week. I might be tempted to try a few lanes, if Mrs T will let me.

Edited by: Techno

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
We didn't get to do any green lanes although we did get to take the Sportage properly off-road with a trailer to collect firewood. I was really impressed with the way it performed. It climbed the 1 in 3 slope to get back up from the river bank with no problems at all, even on wet grass towing the trailer loaded with oak logs.

Edited by: Techno

·
Registered
158 Posts
How much wood did you need?! haha

Looks great. Glad to hear it works well - summer tyres (Hancook?) too?

Can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hoping to get off road in the forrests around loch tay next week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts