Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone know if I can retrofit the original reversing camera to the Stonic? I have the trim that lacks it.
So, is the same wiring running to the rear (door locking and video wiring), so would replacing the housing with one including the camera work? (I realise coding through the obd may be additionally required)

Thanks

Super Moderator
Don't think anyone has tried this. Usually looms are std, so there is a good chance power cables are in place. It might be the video cable that is missing.
Only one way to find out and that is to take the boot door card off and have a look.

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
Don't think anyone has tried this. Usually looms are std, so there is a good chance power cables are in place. It might be the video cable that is missing.
Only one way to find out and that is to take the boot door card off and have a look.
Would it not need a different head unit as well?

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
The Stonic reversing camera image is on the binnacle, I learn something new everyday. On the Sportage it's the sat nav/media screen.

Super Moderator
The Stonic reversing camera image is on the binnacle, I learn something new everyday. On the Sportage it's the sat nav/media screen.
No, Stonic is like the rest. It's on the Infotainment screen. I would very much doubt that they have more than one design. So it would just be a matter of connecting feed up. Might even be connected already if it's all part of the loom.

As I said previously. Need to start at the rear and see what wiring is in place.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
No, Stonic is like the rest. It's on the Infotainment screen. I would very much doubt that they have more than one design. So it would just be a matter of connecting feed up. Might even be connected already if it's all part of the loom.

As I said previously. Need to start at the rear and see what wiring is in place.
My mistake then.

I thought it was on the screen behind the wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts