Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Hopefully one of you lovely people will be able to help. Got an odd noise which you can only hear when the car is idling at 1k.

Youtube video so you an hear it.

Noisy Bugger

The noise is present in the video from the off. I then press the accelerator and noise goes but you can hear it once again when the revs die down.

Any Ideas?!

·
Registered
107 Posts
How long has it been like that? Lol some boy racers aim for that low level "gurgle"

Sounds like some fluid in the exhaust somehow? Have you checked fluid levels in car for anything dropping suddenly? Might not be but might be worth a check make sure and tick boxes.

EDIT Just another couple more things to check, open the bonnet and see where the sound is being generated. Have a listen under car middle and rear, if its exhaust you will here it from one of the sections. Also does revving produce any excess moisture from the tail pipe?

·
Registered
915 Posts
My phone failed to replicate your noise accurately, however it sounded like a noise produced by the air intake, air box, or maybe a large hose in between.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Had another listen on home speakers. Same as above was hard to replicate on mobile. It just sounds like something vibrating, and when the revs come up the frequency changes and the vibration stops.

Is really hard to diagnose without seeing the car as could be simple as a heat shield loose and vibrating on idle and once revs kick in doesn't rattle so much. Think only way to diagnose if its in the front of the engine or the exhaust system is to get your head under the bonnet and car to listen what part of the engine its coming from. Car noises are the worse and easier to find when they get worse lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Literally only does it at 1000 revs. Shared the video with everyone and everyone said nah cant hear it. heh. Its not only a noise but in fact you can feel it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll follow the points raised by Stonie in the morning. When I tried to hear it with the bonnet up I couldnt. Seemed like it was between me and the engine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did you ever solve this? My two cents would be DMF failure. What is the mileage?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts