Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Hope everyone is well!

Just a quick shout out about something I've bought for the Carens GS 09. Being very disappointed with the trip computer I wanted more information (my mazda used to give average mpg, ltrs used etc).

I found a product called a scangauge E (there is a copy called the turbogauge but it's a rip off and I was worried about support and after sales). You plug one end into the odbc connector and the digital display sits on the dash and gives reading such as co2 emissions, mpg, speed, water temp and much much more (more than I understand anyway!). It will even read odbc codes should you car have any problems ... that alone can cost a good few quid if you take it to a garage. Plus there is a little graph in real time that helps you find the sweetspot to get the best mpg.

It's amazing really that I found the carens speedo to be about 4 to 5 mph inaccurate when shown in comparison to the readout from the odbc and alsoreferencedwith a satnav speed.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried one?

There are bluetooth odbc connectors that work with smartphones if anyone is interested but I went for hard wired as I used my smartphone for gps and hands free, which can cause issues with the odbc blutooth connection.

Phil.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Lots of scanguage stuff written on the worldwide Kia Rondo/Carens forum, might help you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Cabby. It seems old faithful quiltman has one to! It's amazing what you find when you use the search function

1 - 3 of 3 Posts