Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KIA Sedona EX 2003 diesel automatic. Currently experiencing start problems. Battery is good (bought last year) measured voltage level at 12V. It starts most of the time but sometimes it will not start. When you twist the ignition key to start, you'll hear a click and that's it. But if I move it from Park(P) to Neutral(N), it will start (most of the time).

Is this an Engine Management problem? or still a Battery issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It could be your starter motor mate, or maybe still a battery-related prob. Do you have another car you could try the battery off? just 'cos the battery is showing 12v it doesn't mean there's enough power to turn your engine over.
You could also try jumpleads from another car's GOOD battery and see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have a 2005 le automatic and my car has developed the same problem, sometimes works ok sometimes just clicks. seems to be no reason why as battery is ok, I just persivere and eventually it will turn over. Did you ever find a solution, I suspect somthing with the immobiliser system???

·
Registered
3 Posts
my wife has a 2000'w' diesel auto sedona,and that wont start either. have checked the voltage at the starter,both live and exciter wires had 12v. can short it out to start it,so i know it isnt an earth fault.the only options i have left are the starter relay,immobiliser,or ibnition barrle. will let you know how i get on,but at the moment,cant find the starter relay,and my local kia retailer does'nt know where it is either,or he wont tell me! in the meantime,if i run a wire form the starter circuit on the barrel to the starter,it may work. over to you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts