Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anyone give any advice about this annoying problem? I have a had my 1.3LE for almost 2 years buying it at 6K miles. It has now covered 36K and been serviced regularly by my local Kia dealer. I love the car by the way, amazing value for money!

I was informed when I bought it from the main dealer not to use 'supermarket' fuel as it would cause the car to misfire and as I always buy fuel from my local Murco pump this would not be an issue.

From when I bought the car the engine would very occasionally cut out for a heartbeat whengently acceleratingout of a roundabout or tight left hand bend, and occasionally when pulling away after the engine has been idling at a junction.Its irritating but not reallyenough to complain about. It does seem to improve when using 100 octane however. It feels like fuel starvation rather than ignition or engine management. Has anyone any experience of similar issues? Any thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Phil
It does appear across the forums that some models seem to like a certain type of fuel!!!

Thought we had fixed European Standards!!!!

With your faults I would log in as much detail when the fault(s) occured.

Such as fuel tank reading, temperature of weather and engine, speed, RPM and what gear in.

The more information you can give the engineer it will narrow down the areas to check.

Hope the above helpsand let the forum know how you get on.

Bob.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you do use 'cheaper/supermarket fule' then ever 5,000 you should put a cleaning agent into the fuel tank (fill up to the brim, then add agent into the fuel tank), this will then flush all the 'crap' out of the tank/ engine - don't do it too often. I'm not a mechanic (durrr - can't you tell), but my bro is and that's what he did for all my previous cars...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts