Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Don't know why i bother to post a topic as no one replied to my last.
Anyway ill try.

Does anyone have any knowledge about nudge bars for the sorento.

I have looked at some lovely ones from some companies in Germany who have UK distributors. http://www.antec-online.de/public/en/1/0/0/index.htm

http://www.zontarh.co.uk/epages/es108883.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es108883_shop/Categories/Kia/%22Sk%20Kia%5B1%5D%22/%22Sorrie%2006-%22

The latter tell me they cant sell in the EU as they are not approved. the Former say they have EU certification.

Thing is i don't see a whole lot of difference between the two companies.

Anyone out there got any knowledge of this subject.

Cheers.

I wont hold my breath for a reply

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Found this on Google

"From 25th May 2007, it is illegal to continue to manufacture, market non approved metal bull bars (no sale is necessary to be breaking the law) and sell metal bull bars that do not comply with the new EU legislation (Directive 2005/66/EC) for pedestrian protection. The maximum penalty to be imposed within the UK is 12 months in prison and a substantial £20,000 fine.

The only exceptions are EU approved energy-absorbing systems, normally made of plastic and known as front protection systems."

hope this helps

Alan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mate
Just to let you know your not alone on here.

Ive had an A frame, side steps and back corner protector on my sorento for nearly 4 years now and I got them from custom 4x4.My motor has just gone through its 2nd MOT and has never had an issue with the regs I,ll try and post a picture when I can.

Regards

JK

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's nothing like raking up an old topic!

Whilst you may getan MOT whilst fitted with bull bars, you may not fair so well when youhave the misfortune to collide with a pedestrian. Thewhole point of banning their fitment was to protect the public (never mindthe reality of whether the statistics add up). The result of an illegal modification could lead to the invalidation of your insurance and a charge of using a vehicle in a dangerous condition.

Many illegal mods, such as excessively tinted windows are not part of the MOT test, but that does not make them legal or acceptable after an incident for which the driver will be held liable.

On your head be it!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got a lovely set of oval side steps and a low a bar in 70 mm

All EC approved to latest regs.

Im a happy chap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts