Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are new to towing with a Kia Sorento KX3 (chose manual because of 100kg noseweight) and have caravanned since 1985. Have read the handbook regarding tyre pressures so presume that even with SLS the pressure is the same as for full load? we have never had self levelling on any of our tow cars (Hubby owned a 240 Volvo estate that did... that had a guage on the dash to show how much pressure was being pumped intoeach side whilst a button was depressed, butthat was before our towing days) , 3 Isuzu Troopers (second one auto) and two SsangYong Rextons (last one auto) their towbar noseweight was between 128 (last Rexton) and 140kgs. for the others, we have never had to increase the tyre pressure when towing, they have allpulled our 14 year old twin axle Buccaneer caravan (1750kgs laden) without any problems and always level, noseweight was 84kg when last tested on Rexton.Our dealership doesn't seem to know much about these vehicles if you want one for towing, we then found out that we have to cover 1200 miles before the caravan is hitched on !!! None of thatwith any other of the abovementioned vehicles. Tow bar being fitted today Witter detachable. (not by the dealer, by a company who solely fit tow bars all day at their premises)
We bothlove driving the car solo as it is very comfortable, with a good driving position, and plenty of room (our dog needs a lift to get into the back as it is a lot higher than our previous tow cars, she doesn't have a problem in my Cee'd SW (Eco) which I've owned since the end of 2009, and I love that to bits, I think that is what swayed hubby into looking at the Kia Sorento)

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I have older model with SRS, no need to alter tyre pressures.Mine is Auto and i towed with 500 on the clock but choose my first tow on a flat route ,not hilly to avoid itdroppingin lower gears with higher engine revs.Now have at least 25000 towing miles completed.You will find it will probably take about 10000 miles to really loosen up.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Typing error should be SLS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply and help.... the dealerships lack of knowledge does not inspire any confidence. There is 400 now on the clock, close to 40 to the gallon, very pleased, lucky if the Rexton (auto) gave you 30, 25 towing. Witter tow bar now fitted, nice neat job £475.
A general gripe now..... you now have to register online to get your one year Kia assist.... one year.... big deal, every car we have owned since 2000 has come with 3 years assistance, thankfully we werealready with Auto National for many years for several cars.

I think our dealership is cutting costs, since buying my new Kia Cee'd (eco) SW in November 2009 (not the same sales person) things have changed....at no time were we offered a coffee on three visits, this has got to be a first ever when we have bought a vehicle, on the Kia assist leaflet that I have to register it mentions 'family- like care, customer service as it should be' ......Oh really.....

Edited by: wenowbothhaveKias

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
They cut the three year down to one when they extended the warranty to seven years, after thereliabilitywas shown to be good and breakdownassistancewas not being needed.Fortunatelywe live very close to the UK biggest dealer,as we have six KIA S in family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts