Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys/Gals,I purchased my Proceed 3 1.6 Diesel in April this year, initally well pleased with the car but now with 5k on the clock the gearchanges in the lower gears have become extremely notchy/difficult. I took the car back to the main agent I puchased the car from, who contacted Kia who instructed them to fit new syncro's in the box. Initially following repairs the gearchange was very stiff but that has freed off now but alas the notchiness is just as bad in fact it's worst as when the car cold it's almost impossible to select 1st gear.
Has anyone else had this problem, before I take the car back and kick off.
I saw an identicle car in Asda's car park and asked owner if he had any problems with his box, he kindly let me drive his car to compare gearchanges, his was as smooth as silk, don't know what to do now, anybody any ideas please.
Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
<div style="line-height: 1.4; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">Hey guys, I'm pretty sure I've got the same problem.

I've been driving about 7 years now and I've driven probably 4/5 cars and no matter what I do I cannot change gear correctly in this proceed 2.

The gear box seems notchy and I can't smoothly change gear, it jerks as if im a learner driver.

I presumed this wasbecauseI was new to the car but surely after 3 weeks I would have mastered it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey mateThanks for your reply
The Kia agent fitted new syncro's in the gearbox, I've done about 700 miles since work carried out now, the stiffness has freed off in selecting 1st gear but the notchyness is still there when selecting 2nd & 3rd gears. I'm gonna give it to 1000mls and if no better go back again.
Really dissapointed with the gearbox cos apart from that I love the car.
Has your car got the new 6 speed box or the old 5 speed?
Regards
Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Steve,
Going on holiday in a couple of weeks, will be giving the car its first motorway run to manchester airport since gearbox repairs, will see wots its like after a good run, if it aint any better i'll be doing as you suggested and takin it back.
Wotmodel u got n wots thr gearchange like with it?
Regards
Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys,
A quick update on gearbox problems, gear changestill notchy on 1st, 2nd & 3rd gears after 1000mls covered following repairs definetly worst when cold, also now clicking in 4th,5th & 6th gears. Iv'e been back in touch with main agents who fitted new synco's in September who in turn have been back in touch with Kia. I am taking the car back in next tuesday 13/12 to have the gearbox removed again and restripped examined & reported back to Kia for further instructions.
Will keep you all informed.
I do hope they come up with a fix this time!!
Regards
Steve.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 57 1.6 CRDI with 20k on it and also find that the gearbox is awful when it is cold.

Reverse sometimes doesnt engage first time, 1st is impossible to select unless you are absolutely stationary and 1-2 or 3-2 results in a lot of resistance before it will go in. Third or higher is fine and once the gearbox oil is warmed up then it is a lot better but still not as good as other manuals that I have driven.

I havent yet been to the dealer about it as it seems to be a common(ish) problem and does go away once it is warmed up but might take it in and let them have a look at it over Christmas when I have more time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Took car back in to main agents on 13th December, they adjusted the cables and changed the oil for me to try, sadly no difference.The main agent phoned me on friday 16th to ask me take the car back in as instructed by Kia to have a thinner oil put into the gearbox, seemed a bit better driving home about 30 miles but the engine/gearbox wasn't cold, need to see what its like when it iscold.
Kia dont seem to be aware of this problem with the 6 speed box, if anyway has simular problems please notify your main agents or we'll never get owt sorted out.
I'm gonna try it over Xmas/New year & will let you know, keep your fingers crossed !!!!!.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts