Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just thought I share here.

Had a problem that the Kia Picanto 2011 did not start, nothing happened, not even ticking of the starter motor. This was odd because this was on a trip to nursery to drop of kids. Started without issue going there, but wanting to go back nothing happened turning the key except the normal turning off of electricals in the car for the car to get ready to send all power to the starter.

It turned out to be a faulty switch on the clutch.

It was the fourth starting issue I now have experienced in a year. The starter was replaced a year ago, the battery six weeks ago (the old one perished in the cold), and I also managed to flood the engine once. Hmm wondering what's next.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
912 Posts
thanks for taking the time to create a user account and posting this info, I wasnt aware there is a switch on the clutch, where is it located?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
as I suspected. Is this switch/s to prevent starting without the pedal being depressed? If so is this a reqiurement or just to facilitate an easier start on a small motor?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
as I suspected. Is this switch/s to prevent starting without the pedal being depressed? If so is this a reqiurement or just to facilitate an easier start on a small motor?
I dont think so Jack there are 2 switches.. one for starting the car when the pedal is down and the other that works with the stop start system and cruze if its on the car.. mine doesn't have cruz so I can check that part out

·
Registered
912 Posts
...I have been driving automatics for too long.
And here I was thinking I could crawl a stalled car off a railway line at the last second using the starter motor. I've even trained my 2 children who are learning to drive, to start the car only with the pedal down, so I have never noticed if my Ceed actually has a switch or not.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Been a long long time since I drove an auto was back in 1972 when I had a jag that I did.. but I can see where your coming from :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for taking the time to create a user account and posting this info, I wasnt aware there is a switch on the clutch, where is it located?
I do not know - I just relayed the information from the mechanic who fixed the issue. They found it depended a lot on who and how they applied the clutch whether the car would start. There was also mention of the accelerator, but I failed to understand how that fitted in the story, sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts