Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don`t get me wrong, this car are excellent, reliable but just tooo greedy on fuel, which are too expensive to run and I decided to get rid for better mileage.

THe reason I`m here for, to get good mileage, big boot and plenty of rooms for a family car.

I`m sorry to give the bad news.

stevie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just under 28 MPG. I normally pay average £20 a week from my old car and now I average pay just under £50 and even less mileage than normal, which is worse!

stevie:(

Edited by: stin

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is the only wayI could fault a Mk3 Carens. If you don't mind going a few years older try a Mk2, not quite as nice to drive (better if you get the engine chipped up to 135bhp to match the Mk3), similar leg/head room & boot space & excellenet vfm if you buy right, just beware of the gearboxes as they are a weak point on the manuals, autos are ok.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am happy withe the mileage I am getting from mine. I drive 40 miles a day and it is no worse than the Skoda fabia 2 Auto that I had before!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I`m really glad my car will be gone and I will never go to any KAI Garage ever again!!! I`m so disappointed from the dealers who thinks my car are fine and nothing wrong with it.

I will get to the point. Three of peoples I know, who did actually handed their cars back to the same dealer and told them, they are not happy with their cars!

This is my last post and sorry about my rants.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I check my fuel consumption by neck to neck every time I fill up (on our 08 2 litre diesel) in the summer we get 41/42 miles to the gallon. We live in the country and have to travel on country lanes motorways and once a month in London. We have been through thesurging problem the update was done around 15000 miles we now have 23000 and it has been O/K.Hidsons Rainham Kent have been great. They had it in for a rear main oil seal leak,and gave me a Venger 2 to use while it was being repaired (diesel).
This car would be ideal for us the size the room nice high driving position, but the 1.4 engineis tuned for ecomomy, When I was in fast moving rush hour trafficone had to rev the engine to keep up with the traffic which defeated the design for economy, (after the Carens I found this disconcerting,) the other thing I found disturbing was the lack of a engine temp gauge
Has anyone tried a 1.6 which I believe is made for some countries?
It seems to me Kia did not do the research on the type of driving which one has to encounter in this country (after looking on the Venger forum).
Other makes of car seem to make economic 1.6 diesels and kia seem to have over complicated their 1.4 engine and need to go back to basics?

Cheers
Carens 08

·
Registered
476 Posts
I test drove the 1.6 diesel Carens, see my report elsewhere on this forum for more info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts