Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 2.9crd with 72000 on the clock, when the car is cold it takes a long time to change upto top, dealer told us we were not driving properly(westdrive braintree)! told him we have owned many autos before so know how they are meant to work, they just said we should lift off a little, this sort of worked but it's getting worse car will sit there at 3000rpm for a while before changing up when cold and is getting worse when hot!

Wife not happy with car!

·
Registered
82 Posts
If it's an Auto when was the gearbox oil last changed?
If oil is grey/black, the oil has failed PLUS and its a big plus......possibly the vains in the torque converter are also failing. If this is the case, the oil destroys the gearbox. I know, this happened to me in Spain two years ago. Car was off the road in Spain for 12 weeks while KIA Spain said KIA UK pay and KIA UK said no it's broken down in Spain you pay. That went on for 12 weeks. When finally agreed and showed all paperwork showing it had all oil changes at correct mileages, they sorted it under Warranty.I then had 48 hours to collect or they would charge storage.

Basically CHECK OIL is not black/grey It should be redish

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gearbox oil was dark but didn't smell l am changing that now, did 5 liters a couple of weekends ago the system takes 8! Car was from main dealer with full sevice history but l am not sure that was true because the air filter was very dirty when l chnges it!
Oh got info that gearbox will not change upto top until the engine reaches 68`C is this true!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Gears will not change quick if cold. Depends on speed of course.
If the oil is starting to go black, get to dealer to show evidence (they have to if they say FSH) of the correct Oil change intervals. If it's failing (OIL) be vary aware, a Auto gearbox for a Sedona costs £1000's

Spain tried to charge me over 8000 euroswith torque converter and labour.

Just keep checking that oil, even a FULL G/Box oil change is worth dealer prices and will help and save money long term.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts