Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I bougth my Sportage from Mariero Auto.

and here is my story... Sorry for my bad english...

I tried to wash my car about 3 days ago.
And i saw that the car had some kind of grease on it.
After taking the car to another Kia salesman (ålgårds auto), he told me that this was overspray from the Mercasol treatment over the entire car.
Don't know if England has this? Its the same as tectyl.
He was quite shocked. So he told me to come back tomorrow and they'll fix it with rubbing/polishing to get it off.
Its so sad to rubbing a brand new car:(
Now, i told the guy where i bought the car about this problem.
he said that this was not his problem and that the car was flawless when it left the store.
He only said that maybe im an expert in paint. What kind of answer is that.

Problem with this overspray is that you don't see it before the car gets dirty.
So now i cant wash my car because it dosnt come off:(
And its white.

So Norwegians never buy a car from Mariero Auto in Stavanger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He would put it in a steamer as he called it. maybe this is just warm steam? Would this remove it?
And they jused to polish the car first, and then spray the entire bottom of the car with mercasol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, problem solved by Ålgårs Auto in Stavanger.
They washed the car and polished the car.
Looks brand new again. I got i for free.

So, the other dealer can kiss my ass.

·
Registered
30 Posts
they are very nice there as i mentioned to u before. i ordered my car there in october, and was told delivery for 9 mnths. got an email on dec 27 that i can pick my car up on 15 jan 2012!!! unfortunately had to postone it since wasnt planning to get it so fast, just bought a new house and have to prioritize other stuffs! ( never believed i would say that!), they are really good in service i think. and btw they are ålgårds auto/kia forhandler (official one!) and are in sandnes.

good to hear that things got sorted out for the best for u. keep yourself at this dealer now.
Edited by: kaivish

·
Registered
30 Posts
2.0 CRDi AWD Exclusive sandtrack 6MT manual. ( reported best bang for the bucks in many norwegian/international auto tests !!)
doubt you could get it. i talked to the dealer. there are many other people on the list who ordered the same and they were lucky as i offered my order to someone who got a really pleasant call from the dealer 2days ago that their car is on the way to norway!!. so i am back again on the waiting list, hopefully it will take as long as it took this time to get the car. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts