Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi chaps and lasses
have just fitted none original pads from a company on ebay iezura, believe it or not £10.45 + postage, they fitted perfectly,Brakes feel fine and strong,Just bedding in at the moment,Made the drastic mistake of winding the rear piston the wrong way, lost a little fluid and had to bleed brakes,No problem though,Thats a massive saving the last rear pads i put in were £44.00 from kia,Only reason i had to change them again because the slider siezed and a pad refused to release and wore it away drastically almost down to metal.This time i stripped the lot down cleaned, brushed and copper lubed them. Hope this is an eye opener,Take a look they dont just do brake parts,Steering and suspension parts also.

good look

·
Registered
662 Posts
love to know how many miles you get from this set beware aftermarket parts are not subect to the same standards of quality as genuine items we had a local taxi company fitted non gen pads to a sedona they use for airport trips and when fully loaded after 5 applications over the hills at guilford ended up in the barrier because the brakes faded away when the police arrived the brakes were fine again as they had cooled down but the accident invesigators reproduced the fault

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks viking paul
thank you for your concerns, the vehicle has covererd 1200 miles since rear pads changed, the car has been used for towing,2 adult, 3 children, and 900kg caravan with no brake fade,After reading your post i checked the wear on the pads and they still look new(ish).
may be worth putting oem parts on the front,As the rear dont do a lot, The post i put on was also about the suspension parts available too, the wish bones on the front retail at £137 + vat for kia, on the web site the iezura parts are £60 delivered,
Now call me a bluff old traditionalist, But thats worth a pop of any bodies money, I used to work in the quality depatment for a large motor component company before the demise of rover,Let me tell you the same materials are used for vauxhall,toyota,landrover,rover,jag,ford,honda, With no quality issues most car part manufacturers now work to Q1 or Iso 1402
lets hope brake companies do the same
cheers and thanks again
col

·
Registered
36 Posts
I found out yesterday that Kia make a tool for rewinding the rear brake pistons and they are available for about £25 from any dealer.
I'm told the part number is OK9A4263001 and its a "brake rewinding tool".

These things are also available on Ebay and at local tool shops, but non of them mention Kia in their descriptions and all of them are either right or left handed, which I presume means you have to buy two.

The Kia tool isn't the cheapest but at least you have the safety of knowing its a dedicated tool for that model.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi marsie 222
thanks for that I found that a good quality pair of long nose pliers does the trick just fine with a little wd40 drissled around the pistons,But dont forget to wipe clean after you have finished,
Halford sell this type retractor tool with universal lug plates that fit most vehicles with this set up,
and they are reversable like a ratchet head.
cost..........
all the best col

1 - 5 of 5 Posts