Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are looking for a new car. Fuel ecomomy is the top priority but a decent sized car a plus. We looked at the venga and we were thinking of getting one - until I came across your site.
We will definately not be getting a venga as they are positively dangerous.!

Thank you to all who were thoughtful enough to write about the problems associated in the forum - We did not hear about these in the showroom. - and thank you of course to the site we owner,

Pat.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Pat

Don't own a Venga, have a Ceed SW but I honestly don't have a clue what you are referring too. If the Kia Venga was "positively dangerous" it would not be sold on the UK market plus all the test reports of the car I have read have been very complimentary, perhaps not the out and out best car in its class but very good value for money and bigger than the class norm.

Give us a clue what you are referring too and give the Venga owners a chance to put the record strait.

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Paul,
I just looked up this site again out of interest..

I am refering to the points made in the venga forum topics section. You can look that up if you like.

However- we have decided to get the hyundai ix20 instead. Since this makes me personna non grata in this group I will not be bothering you again.

But let me say once again that I am most grateful for having come across this very useful site.

PS. I didn't have to sell the hyundai to my wife - she liked it straight away.

She had gone to the showroom before me - and phoned to say " I came I saw I liked."

Pat.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I didn't think Paul was trying to have a go at you, just asking for more information on your views.
You obviously found it very useful and elaborating on the posts that put you off my assist other members.
Seems strange to not go for a KIA and opt for the Hyundai version, depending on what problems you found on here that put you off - aren' t they virtually the same car???
(or do they just use the same chassis?)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Drakey

Couldn't have put it better. If Pat is referring to a couple of unfortunate owners having power steering problems it hardly makes the Venga "positively dangerous" but obviously Kia need to sort out these issues. We had two Astra's in the office with the same type of problem, never heard it said Astra's are dangerous.Its been said before that a fair proportion of people only come on here (and other forums) to moan with the rest genuinely interested in thecars and helping other owners, if you only read the negative posts the cars appear dangerous, uneconomical, unreliable and difficult to get to name but a few. The majority of Kia owners don't even know this site exits, they must be happy since Kia gets increasingly good results in customer satisfaction surveys in the motoring press.

No expert on the number of common parts but I have read that the i20/ix20 and Venga are clones with different bodies/trim just as the i30/Ceed and i35/Sportage are clones (just like the VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi cars are all clones). One look at any part on the car and they all appear to be marked Hyundai and Kia. As you say if the Venga is dangerous surely the i20/ix20 are as well.

Obviously Pat bought the Hyundai after considering all the factors i.e. the wife likes it therefore Iwill buyit. Presume the salesman assured him the car was safe.

Paul

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Have to add, I agree when you mention that people mainly use a forum to air a problem and to find solutions.
I was (and suppose I still am) a member of a Vauxhall forum due to researching timing chain issues, likewise on here and other KIA forums there are plenty of issues being raised.
Prior to buying our 2 KIAs, and if I was to ever opt for another make - I'd certainly check out a forum aimed at the particular make - a load of info can be gained but you be hard pushed to find any make and model in any forum that is fault free.

·
Registered
161 Posts
wish i could find a car thats indistructable...........i really think some times we are to polite on this forum,and i suspect some are not who they claim to be and as genuine as they make out when they post negative oponions......i really do think it ok at times just to say sod off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts