Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it only me or does the Ceed Sw have noisy bodywork? I have a persistant squeek from the back door and a slight rattle from somewhere around the front of the cab.
The old trick of turning the radio up works but it can still be annoying. Anyone else with the SW had the same problem?

·
Registered
86 Posts
No problem with mine, I rattle check it on a cobbled road every few weeks. Have you got something loose in the glove box,rear underfloor storage bins, or spare wheel area? Ifit is the rear door it can be adjusted.

·
Registered
94 Posts
No problem with mine either there did seem to a knock in the rear suspension nearside (left) if not in UK during the first few weeks but it went away.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deeps.
I'm assuming that the adjustment of the rear door is a workshop job? The noise I'm getting seems to be coming from the hatch.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Because the car is under warranty its best to leave any problem however minor to the dealer. There is one easy adjustment you may like to try however.

When you lift the tailgate up in each corner of what is the lower edge you will see a rubber buffer, then look on the tailgate reveal of the body and you can see where the buffers make contact.

Thebuffers work by compressing as you shut the tailgate absorbing any excess energy you may impart but then expanding to keep some pressure on the latch mechanism and prevent it from rattling. The buffers screw in and out just like any other threaded item except the thread is moulded in the buffer itself.

Try unscrewing (anticlockwise) no more than half a turn on each one and see if it makes any difference, if not return them to the original position. Don't be tempted to unscrew them anymore as you may put too much strain on the catch and damage it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Success! Turned the buffers (1.5 turns) and the door is now rattle free. Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
1.5 turns is a lot you maybe straining the lock latch try turning them back 0.5 at a time until the rattle returns then wind on 0.5 turn.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 1.5 turns were done 0.5 at a time. I'm going to mention it to the dealer at the next service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts