Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sedona has been making a lot of rattley noises from the back for ages. Today, I used it without its back seats installed in order to do a garage clearance/tip run.

On the return drive I got the wife to drive whilst I 'hid' in the back listening for the source of the sound.

It was mainly coming from inside the bottom of the rear panel trim presumably where parts of the suspension connect.

Using this pic I have extracted from my CDRom, can anyone point out what the likely parts are that are worn ?

Also any clues on how to remove the inner rear trim from either side ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those 17/18 bushes look really heavy duty. The noise is much more 'rattley' than 'knockey'

Leon, Are Sedona's known for shocker mount bushes wearing i.e part no 41 ??? The noise feels like its coming from inside the car, whereas your 17/18 bushes would be more of an external noise.Edited by: ebod

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nahh Roj , as I said in my original post, I was on the floor in the back of the car with the rear seats removed.
The noise was distinctly coming from the inside of the trim panel at the floor level. Louder on the O/S and present....though not quite as loud on the N/S.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had to replace 41 on both sides not long ago, yo can see them over the top of the rear wheel, if they need replacing they look like worn leather.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi ebod i am new to this forum i notice you have a cd of the parts list for a sedona can i buy a copy from you please let me know of the price +postage and packing kind regards jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI MATE THANKS FOR THE REPLY I HAVE LOOKED ON EBAY BUT THEY ARE ALL ABOUT £14.99 THANKS ANY WAY MATE I THOUGHT THE POINT IN JOINING THIS FORUM WAS SO WE COULD ALL HELP ONE AND OTHER BUT I MUST HAVE BEEN WRONG KIND REGARDS

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi baggeridge i typed in car cd manual and found or a member on here sells them for a fiver bruno i think

1 - 13 of 13 Posts