Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else find their CRD engine get more noisey after 4-5k? When new it was nice and quiet but now sounds a bit rough particularly when pulling away from standstill. If so does the first service deal with any excessive diesel knock sound?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Try some high grade diesel in it. You will be stunned!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diesel is take it or leave it at my garages... what is that stuff and who sells it?

·
Registered
543 Posts
V power diesel is the diesel anchor man is talking about from
Shell , if you can't get that use some diesel octane booster which will help clean out injectors etc I usally avoid injector cleaners like redex , and use good quality high octane fuel because has worked better in my experiences .

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quite right.
Don't use special additives, everything that is needed is in good quality fuel. As well as Shell V-Power, there is BP Ultimate diesel, and Total excellium. If you can't find it, use at least branded fuel. You should avoid supermarket fuel like the plague. It does not contain any of the detergents or octain stabilisers that branded fuel does - that is how they sell it cheap.

You will pay 3 or 4 pence more for branded fuel and up to 10p more for high grade (than supermarket) but it will sound different and prolong the life of the engine, DPF if fitted) and the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) system.

Just try a tank after letting the supermarket weasel pee run low. The fuel in a common rail engine is circulated very quickly and you will tell the difference within minutes of adding it.

Edited by: anchorman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts