Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<BR itxtNodeId="746">I have a 59 plate cee'd & have noticed a 'grinding' noise after I have accelerated and then ease off. The noise lasts a few seconds then dissappears.<BR itxtNodeId="745">Has anyone else had this or know what could be causing the noise?<BR itxtNodeId="744"><BR itxtNodeId="743">Emma

·
Registered
226 Posts
Its hard to diagnose a noise over a forum.
Having said that I once had a 1.6Hdi Citroen C4 that did the same thing (based on your description), it was thought to be caused by the EGR though the garage never had the bottle to actually change the EGR because it was an expensive part and cant be returned if its not that, and I pointed out that if they changed the EGR and it didnt fix the fault I wasnt going to pay.
I lived with it in the end and then sold the car for the Cee'd.

Im not suggesting it will be the EGR for you, only that what you describe is similar.

One thing I noticed that when I "gave it some welly" it didnt happen, and at motorway speeds it didnt happen (typical EGR symptoms)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.