Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rio 1.5 diesel 2006 with 22000 on the clock. The other day I started it up and drove off but I noticed there was no boost from the turbo and it would not rev above 3000rpm. After about 4 0r 5 miles it was still the same so I stopped and switched the engine off then restarted it and drove away and the power was back to normal with good boost from turbo.
Has anyone any idea what may have been the cause of loss of power. It has only happened once.

Another thing whichI have always had is when in morning the engine turns over for some time before firing up. I do wait for the glow plug light to go out before cranking it. It starts better from hot tho'. I am comparing it to my VW LT35 van which starts instantly after glow light goes out.

Davy

·
Registered
328 Posts
I suspect (but am not 100% sure) there will be a solenoid that is used to regulate boost pressure.

Basic use - open to allow bleed off air out and close to build up pressure.

Id check that wiring to that first of all and check that still works.

I don't know where it is located though.

Another idea would be (as stupid as it sounds), check all connections under the bonnet.
If you turned off the engine and restarted and all was fine then it could be a loose connection somewhere.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I connected my code reader but there was no fault codes showing. I will check all connections but it has not happened for about a week or so.
Cheers for info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts