Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Niro HEV for about a month now, it was 1 yr old when I got it. Today I had to take someone to the local railway station. No sign of stations in the POIs. No airports either. That seems so barmy that I must surely be missing something. Can anyone tell me how to find train stations in the Niro sat nav without knowing the address?

Thanks.

·
Registered
Niro DL, 2020, KIA Connect
151 Posts
... press the NAV button, select 'Search' and type in where you want to go, e.g. airport london ... and click on 'OK'

·
Super Moderator
10,602 Posts
Sadly that doesn't work either. It seems if I don't know the postcode I can't navigate to an airport or train station.
Just type in train station or airport into search box on navigation & it brings up a list of them. No need for postcode..

·
Registered
Niro DL, 2020, KIA Connect
151 Posts
I'm living in Eindhoven (Netherland) and did the test with "London Airport", I got 24 results:

Space bar Peripheral Input device Computer Keyboard

... after touch "OK":
Font Electronic device Display device Multimedia Technology

... and this, if I scroll down:
Font Gadget Electronic device Display device Auto part

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This typing in the Station or Airport just doesn't work on my Niro. However, I discovered that there is a POI Categories screen which has a category called Transportation, which does include Airports and Train Stations - not sure why that doesn't appear in the normal POI list but now I know it is there I shall use that. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
10,602 Posts
This typing in the Station or Airport just doesn't work on my Niro. However, I discovered that there is a POI Categories screen which has a category called Transportation, which does include Airports and Train Stations - not sure why that doesn't appear in the normal POI list but now I know it is there I shall use that. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
Should have asked this 1st... 🤦‍♂️
What year is your Niro?
Which version of software do you have, Type 1 black/white or Type 2 Purple?.
And which version of maps EUR>??

As what you have can make a difference to how it works.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE - I just had my Niro software updated. Now on maps EU-14 and the latest system software. I re-selected the box for Online Voice Recognition in the Voice Recognitions section of setup. That now allows me to Voice Search by Number, Street, City rather than the other way round and find sensible results (It couldn't find anything before) Also 'Find railway station in mytown' ( or it might be search rather than find) worked perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.