Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Niro HEV for about a month now, it was 1 yr old when I got it. Today I had to take someone to the local railway station. No sign of stations in the POIs. No airports either. That seems so barmy that I must surely be missing something. Can anyone tell me how to find train stations in the Niro sat nav without knowing the address?

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
... press the NAV button, select 'Search' and type in where you want to go, e.g. airport london ... and click on 'OK'

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... press the NAV button, select 'Search' and type in where you want to go, e.g. airport london ... and click on 'OK'
Sadly that doesn't work either. It seems if I don't know the postcode I can't navigate to an airport or train station.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It isn't exactly difficult to find the postcode for anywhere, just do a quick Google search.

·
Super Moderator
6,164 Posts
Sadly that doesn't work either. It seems if I don't know the postcode I can't navigate to an airport or train station.
Just type in train station or airport into search box on navigation & it brings up a list of them. No need for postcode..

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm living in Eindhoven (Netherland) and did the test with "London Airport", I got 24 results:

Space bar Peripheral Input device Computer Keyboard

... after touch "OK":
Font Electronic device Display device Multimedia Technology

... and this, if I scroll down:
Font Gadget Electronic device Display device Auto part

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This typing in the Station or Airport just doesn't work on my Niro. However, I discovered that there is a POI Categories screen which has a category called Transportation, which does include Airports and Train Stations - not sure why that doesn't appear in the normal POI list but now I know it is there I shall use that. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
6,164 Posts
This typing in the Station or Airport just doesn't work on my Niro. However, I discovered that there is a POI Categories screen which has a category called Transportation, which does include Airports and Train Stations - not sure why that doesn't appear in the normal POI list but now I know it is there I shall use that. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
Should have asked this 1st... 🤦‍♂️
What year is your Niro?
Which version of software do you have, Type 1 black/white or Type 2 Purple?.
And which version of maps EUR>??

As what you have can make a difference to how it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts