Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new KX-3 today (manual).

The car is great but has two elements of the spec missing !

1) No front courtesy lights

2) No Start/Stop button or keyless entry !!

The lights are one thing but something as major as the keyless ignition and enrty is a BIG fature thats now missing.

I am also dissapointed that nothing was said until I mentioned it to the salesman and asked where the button was and only then he said that Kia change the spec sometimes.

I dont see why when paying nearly 30k for a car that it doesnt have on it what it says in the brochure and spect sheet.

I am considering my actions but feel very strongly that they have miss selled me the spec but I still paid the original price that I contracted to do.

Are they in breach of contract on this and if not then why not ? I know they say that they can change the spec but there must be a limit...

I had better check its not got a 1.1 ltr engine under the bonnet !

·
Registered
662 Posts
the stop start button was a pain you still had to plug the key in to the arm rest box most of my customers who have this hate it was not aware the keyless entry had been deleted this was handy with the tailgate when you had your hands full not sure if it worked on the main doors

·
Registered
28 Posts
The keyless entry is still available, but on the auto models only. You don't have to plug it in to the armrest slot unless the battery in the keyfob is low and due to be replaced. The keyless entry works on the main doors just press the black square on the door handle to lock or unlock the car which is great no need to take the keys out of your coat/ bag. Fantastic feature it's a shame it is not the manual models but originally you could only get the KX3 in auto maybe this is the reason. the manual KX3 has also a traditional handbrake unlike the Auto which has a foot operated hand brake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts