Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all, I know this question has been asked before with a variety of answers I’m wondering if there’s more up to date answers/ findings I’m not a mechanic in anyway apart from basics which my dad made me learn so be gentle please!
Whilst driving last week the sound went on my radio also no sound to sat nav or phone so here’s my list of tries and fails
checked mute, volume, tuned car off and on, reset radio to factory settings removed fuse, disconnected the battery for half and hour.
I’ve booked an update to the system as it hasn’t been done for a few years but I’m getting that horrible feeling of big Bill!
I spoke local Kia dealer who has quoted £1000 for the unit plus fitting!
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
If it is the headunit that's dead and the dealer wants that much to replace it then you'd be better getting an aftermarket radio fitted, for example I fitted this in our 2013 Sportage (Sony XAV-3005DB), which gave me some nice additional features such as DAB, Reversing Camera and Car Play. Unit cost about £400, with the cable looms and fascia needed to fit it about another £100. I fitted this myself, but there are loads of car radio fitters around and even with the cost of fitting you'll still spend less than the £1000 the dealer wants and you'll have a much better radio experience for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is the headunit that's dead and the dealer wants that much to replace it then you'd be better getting an aftermarket radio fitted, for example I fitted this in our 2013 Sportage (Sony XAV-3005DB), which gave me some nice additional features such as DAB, Reversing Camera and Car Play. Unit cost about £400, with the cable looms and fascia needed to fit it about another £100. I fitted this myself, but there are loads of car radio fitters around and even with the cost of fitting you'll still spend less than the £1000 the dealer wants and you'll have a much better radio experience for it. View attachment 9312
Thanks the unit isn’t dead just no sound from radio phone or sat nav reversing camera still works and beeps but ill keep this in mind

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it is the headunit that's dead and the dealer wants that much to replace it then you'd be better getting an aftermarket radio fitted, for example I fitted this in our 2013 Sportage (Sony XAV-3005DB), which gave me some nice additional features such as DAB, Reversing Camera and Car Play. Unit cost about £400, with the cable looms and fascia needed to fit it about another £100. I fitted this myself, but there are loads of car radio fitters around and even with the cost of fitting you'll still spend less than the £1000 the dealer wants and you'll have a much better radio experience for it.
that looks really nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts