Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line S AWD in White Pearl
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I got the car, I have had a no overtaking sign being picked up by the camera, on the A1 near my home. I have searched and I am blowed if I can see any no overtaking signs.
Then it dawned on me what the car is seeing. There is a narrow lanes sign indicating >6’6”< Tia must be what the car is thinking is a no overtaking sign.
Has anyone else seen any odd signs on the car?
Ohh I should add, the car did pick up an 80 mph sign just after I got it, must have miss read a 30 mph sign.

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
435 Posts
Might want it's 'eyes' cleaning (mucky front camera lense).

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Since I got the car, I have had a no overtaking sign being picked up by the camera, on the A1 near my home. I have searched and I am blowed if I can see any no overtaking signs.
Then it dawned on me what the car is seeing. There is a narrow lanes sign indicating >6’6”< Tia must be what the car is thinking is a no overtaking sign.
Has anyone else seen any odd signs on the car?
Ohh I should add, the car did pick up an 80 mph sin just after I got it, must have miss read a 30 mph sign.

I travelled down the A38 Exeter-Plymouth duel carriageway recently and encountered roadworks and there was a sign saying 30mph and also >6’6”< width limit and my display showed 80mph and no overtaking symbol appeared as well,as soon as i got into the roadworks i noticed the speed limit changed to 40, so did my display, also the no overtaking stayed there until i exited the roadworks and passed the end of roadworks signage

I must say this isn`t the first encounter with such erratic symbol displays by any of my KIA Sportage vehicles, as long as i know and observe what the signs are telling me i just let the Sportage (like my wife) carry on thinking they knows best! 🤣😅

Reactions: JOCK55 and AlanH

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've had the no overtaking sign show on the centre display, behind the speed sign. On the satnav in the bottom righthand corner.
I've also had some weird speed signs show up. A few times I've seen 67mph.

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
55 Posts
Not sure if a GTL has traffic sign recognition I have never noticed anything. It does have speed sign recognition & on one occasion it was showing wrong speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts