Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was in the process of replacing my 7 yr old Vauxhall with the newCeed until I came across this website/forum. The reason I was so interested with this car was because of the 7 yr warranty which sounded terrific. Sadly, I have been put off greatly with some of the horror stories here advising that it is easier getting blood out of a stone than it is to get the dealer/KIA to honour their side of the contract.

For this reason, I have lost total interest and will not now be making my purchase. I think I will pay the extra and get better after sales care from another manufacturer.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Your loss, kia warranty is one of the best out there, is manufactuer backed for the full term, ford for example is a 1 year manufactuer backed warranty, with the next 2 dealer warranty.
There are some dealers out there making it very hard for people, just find a good dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair Doos .... I'll take it as a loss but just look at all the stories on this forum and you will find there are more
customers than there are
ones. I think I'd rather have my car spend its time on the road rather than in the workshop awaiting parts that should have been fitted when faulty.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I'm only expressing my concerns that KIA cannot/will not fullfill their committment regarding the long warranty. That coupled with a long list of different faults cannot sway me to throw away my hard earned cash. In comparision, in 7 years of owning a Vauxhall, it has neither cost me much to run/maintain nor has it ever been off the road for more than a day for servicing & MOT. Considering it's a diesel and has covered over 120k, I think I'll probably go for similar.

Enjoy your car, and hope you have many happy free motoring miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Alright Trev' ?

I feel i must agree with you, i too was attracted by the warranty, but went one step further and actually parted with my hard-earned cash !
Not sure if my other entries were ones you have read, but i had EVERY component replaced - the entire bl**dy car !!!
I'm just wating for the finance balance to be somewhere equal to the now £5 value of the car and i'll be visitng my very friendly local Mazda dealer to enquire as to a new 3.
My car prior to the Kia was a Mazda, and i covered nearly 40K in three years, all that went wrong was a steering rack joint.
Having said that, i must praise the dealer in Eastleigh from where i purchased the car, as they seemed to genuienly care about the problems i had and did their best to rectify them, the complete polar opposite to Kia UK who did absolutely bug*er all.
To echo your sign off - enjoy your new Astra / Insignia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers BMA,

I may have read your comments on this forum along with others. I don't mean to run the car down as the adverts on the TV make the car look great.(The pro ceed doesn't look too dissimilar to an Astra 3dr) My main concern would have been trying to get the dealer/KIA to honour the 7 yr warranty which I feel most readers/writers on this forum have had a fair amount of grievance with

I would have thought the reason most people would buy this car would have been for "Total piece of mind" for the full 7 years. I thought that wasa wonderful selling point and only wish other manufacturers would follow. Sadly, Hyundia come closest with 5 yrs but am not sure exactly what is covered.

Enjoy your Mazda - I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ive had my proceed about a year now and yes I had e few niggly problems but I took it to the dealer a couple of months ago and they sorted it all out! no problems, they also found a prob with the air con which i hadnt noticed and they fixed that aswell. It sounds like different dealers are giving diff service....which they shouldnt be. Every one should be the same! Touch wood i havent had any serious problems yet and hope i dont!

All in all though, I love my car and dont regret buying it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You should never assume that an owners forum gives an un-biased view of car ownership. It is the place that people go when they have a problem or want do do something unusual / DIY.

My experience of both my Pro-Ceed and dealer (Kia, Warwick) is very good. I had a couple of warranty issues that were sorted without any aggro or issues.

I would certainly be a repeat buyer based on my experiences.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I may have only had my Kia for a month but im very happy with it and the dealer i bought it from, when i got it, they replaced the typers for me free of charge and when i went to them about the sterio they replaced it, i have since bought a new one, 'because i wanted better sound quality as in my previous car i had a pioneer sterio' and have had nothing go wrong with the car, the dealership even rang me two weeks ago to see how the car was going, very friendly staff, much better than renault, i will definatly buya new kia.

As for the warrenty with Hyundai , theres is 5 years Manufactuers they will evenstand over the headlight bulbs for 5years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am one year into my kia ceed ownership i have the ceed sr i have had one problem so far the abs pump failed.... i phoned my dealer they had the part replaced free of charge within 2 days supplied me with a courtesy car.. i could not fault the service... my car is running like a dream ever since... i cannot fault it i am totally happy with the purchase and have peace of mind with the long 7yr warranty...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Take it from as some one whom has had to deal with the Kia customer services and the warrantee on my Kia CEED SW. Avoid at all cost it just not worth the aggravation. I now wish I had brought something else. The car I is only 10 months old and it as spent almost 5 of them in the dealership through one fault or another.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Kia customer's services were less than helpful once they knew the extent of the faults, as the faults got worse the less helpful Kia became.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer is always helpful, more so than other manufactures dealers I have dealt with. I had a problem and contacted Kia direct, all I can say it was refreshing to find a manufacturer who responded to my complaint and acted promptly to resolve the problem with my dealer. It would seem most people highlight the bad dealers who I am sure in a minority, there are far more good ones than bad. Have a look at any other manufacturers forums, you will see the same complaints about their dealers !
Perhaps there should be a list of good dealers members recommend !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, This is down to each dealer, but in the main Kia is the worst when things go wrong. After 3 Sportages, an06 Carens and a Picanto, this is our conclusion.
Published info is miserable and help costs!

What is secret about Radio wiring ect. Kia think it is!

Good luck. Peter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts