Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 sportage and I've replaced crankshaft sensor.batter. and starter motor. And clutch pedal switch And new clutch. Car has been scanned on snap on boxo and Bosch kts and theres no codes .When I enter the vehicle and put foot on clutch everything turns on the dash when I try to start theres no sound all light dim but nothing. But if I put it in first gear and give it a tiny rock forward u can hear the feul pump start and I can put foot on the clutch and start the car. Please anyone have any suggestions pleeeeeeaaaassseee

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Mike,
what Sportage do you have, Petrol, Diesel, Keyless or with key, when you get the car started do you have any warning lights on on your dash? If you have scanned the ODB2 Port and dont get any codes, then perhaps it`s a trip to the KIA dealership needed.
I had a red down hill control light on, no codes on my ODB2 reader. Took it to the local KIA dealers and they told me that the clutch control switch was knackered, the top one (there are 2). Replaced it and hey presto red light gone....
Keep us updated on how this turns out....
Regards
Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's a 2012 1.6 gdi petrol no lights on dash at all. In a mechanic by trade so hate the thought of main dealer just wonders if anyone has cone across this
No worries Mike, I like to work on my KIA when I can just to save money😉...But unfortunately at times we cant but help to go to the dealership for help...I had to as my ODB2 scanner didnt supply me with any codes...so I took my sporty to KIa to get a read out on their system, cost me 40 Euros...total ripoff as all they to is hook the car uo to a computer...be
ut hey...I gor the cause of the fault and then fixed it myself😎...Now I have a yellow engine management light which came on. Flagged a p2188 code on my ODB2 scanner and now I am trying to fault find the issue...I am kinda now wondering if I should waste 40 Euros again to get them to read it on their system, or just systematically replace parts whih I have found out on the internet could be the cause, like the MAP or O2 sensor...the air filter has already been done as it was the cheapest... So...although uou may not like the idea of dealership, unless you have the same capabilities in reading the ECU, you may have no choice, as your issur could possibly also be a multiple of causes 🤔
Keep us posted, its always good to know how problems get resolved 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.