Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Sportgage 1.6 t-gdi AWD DCT GT line
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just messing around on the Kia website and noticed that no automatics came up in 'Build your Kia' for the Ceed, Xceed or Proceed.

Anyone know what's going on?
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kia has (temporarily), removed all the Ceed model DCT versions from sale. Not sure if it is due to a parts shortage or a move to improve the delivery times on manual Ceed models.

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
371 Posts
I would expect it is to do with chip shortage. Same with PHEV.

There is certainly a perception with the UK market that cars can get too expensive. example: Ceed GT or even a GT line petrol DSG, both offered in Europe but not in the UK. Think I read somewhere that it would tip the price of a Ceed too close/further than the competition and there wasn't the confidence they would sell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 1.6crdi 48v DCT Ceed GT-Line on order (placed 3rd January). The dealer has told me the model has been withdrawn from sale, but all existing orders will be fulfilled. Original delivery date was estimated for 2 weeks ago, but the dealer still has zero information about build or delivery

·
Registered
23 Posts
I spoke to the online Kia chat last night, and they advised that Ceed production has been suspended due to parts shortages. I assume as above, they have also been focusing on Sportage production.

They suggested a manual Ceed SW would be delivered around May, and a DCT around August. This includes orders placed back in November, like mine was, with orders placed now probably not long after.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I contacted my dealer by email again at the beginning of the week for an update, but I have not yet received a response. It seems the flow of information from/to the dealership and Kia isn’t great. I have been given a guaranteed price on my 2018 Kia Ceed, and if anything the second hand value has increased since this was made, so hopefully this will be honoured if delivery is going to be delayed 5 months more than originally stated. I do have some sympathy for the manufacturers given the ‘world situation’, but I feel they should be doing much more by way of communication with customers who have placed orders, and if appropriate looking at alternative offers and/or changes to existing inventory options.

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
152 Posts
....... I have been given a guaranteed price on my 2018 Kia Ceed, and if anything the second hand value has increased since this was made, so hopefully this will be honoured if delivery is going to be delayed 5 months more than originally stated........
That is exactly why the prices of 2nd hand cars are high right now though, as no one is receiving new cars, once the new cars start flowing again, 2nd hand prices will drop

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
This from KCS

·
Registered
36 Posts
The reason there are no autos is they can not get any auto gearboxes we ordered a Kia Ceed Diesel hybrid last december and we are still waiting for it to arrive as we have been told there is a shortage of gearboxes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The reason there are no autos is they can not get any auto gearboxes we ordered a Kia Ceed Diesel hybrid last december and we are still waiting for it to arrive as we have been told there is a shortage of gearboxes.
Yes, and others on the forum suggest auto gearboxes are being prioritised for the more popular Sportage at the minute. I did see on Facebook some new left hand drive diesel DCT ceeds being delivered elsewhere in Europe. No sign of any right hand drive models arriving in the UK yet. What really frustrates me is no information from the dealer or Kia. I think most of us can accept legitimate supply issues and subsequent delays, but with no updated delivery estimates it’s difficult to plan what needs sorted with current car etc

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
Problem is Kia UK have to rely on data from the factory & what Kia in Korea decide that the factory is going to produce. As the Ceed is produced in the same factory as the Sportage, I guess the focus is on the Sportage as there will be far more of them on order.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts