Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My wife has a late 2019 GT S Line 1.0T, which has been good apart from the occasional rattle. Around 3k miles at this point.

It is still used pretty regularly in the current circumstances, and we noticed two days ago that the aircon had stopped working - no difference with it on or off.

During a 4 mile drive tonight, we suddenly got TPMS, AEB and ABS warnings one after the other. Still no aircon either. Ignition off then on again and the warnings came back.

Will have a look around the car shortly, check pressures, clean any lenses, etc at the front - but has anyone experienced similar?

Was wondering whether to pull the battery for a while as one option..

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
77 Posts
Weird. Check the fuses/relays? That sounds like they could all be fed from the same bank?

Not an issue, though, as its a 2019 and will be sorted under warranty.

Oddly, my TPMS light came on tonight on my way home. Checked all pressures and they were all good. Reset the TPMS and the light went out. Been sat in the baking heat all day. Related? Who knows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I was wondering about the heat too. Pressures are fine, managed to clear the ‘faults’ after a bit of experimenting. When starting directly with the start button, the faults remained after the self check ran. I then turned on the ignition only and the self check ran OK without the engine started - all faults cleared.

The faults clearing may just be down to evening temperatures dropping away, but the aircon is still dead. Will check the fuses/relays, although I can hear the fan start up under the bonnet when switching on the A/C button.

Will get it booked in!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I doubt it is heat related as we get far hotter down our way and google shows you are only mid to high 20s!

Your battery may be struggling as it sounds like you only do short trips and may need a top up on the charger ( or a long trip).

·
Registered
77 Posts
I mention the relays and banks of fuses as back in the day I had an XR2i and it developed the oddest set of faults. Similar to yours, a group of things on the car stopped working at the same time. (something like the reverse lights stopped working, the horn stopped, the radio stopped etc) - turned out to be a failed relay!

I can't see it being the battery as its barely a year old. I have a newish motorbike which doesn't get started for months on end without issue. My other car (late '19 Sportage - has only done a couple of miles in the last 2 months, and also has no battery related issues)

Only my thoughts for what they're worth. :)

I'm sure Kia will get to the bottom of it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, your answers are appreciated.

My wife had done an 80 mile round trip the day before and the car had been fine then (with the exception of the aircon).

The other faults haven’t recurred yet, but will be booking in with Kia ASAP tomorrow.

Regards

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all,

Our dealer has had the Picanto for two days, and have finally tracked down a leak in the aircon system to a component behind the dash (evaporator?) - so looking like a dash out job, just our luck.

On the errors front, they spent quite some time tracing wiring through the car and have now decided that it is an ABS control module problem.

Both have been pushed to Kia UK as the value is ‘way over’ what they can self authorise. Trouble is, Kia Technical have a backlog and their usual 2-3 hour response is more like 2-3 days.

So - with them into next week and have asked for a courtesy car if it stretches past Monday.

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Parts have now arrived with the dealer, booked in for a full week from next Monday for the dash out air conditioning repair and ABS module.

Let’s hope this sorts everything, will be keeping a very close eye that all parts of the dash and trim remain pristine - and an ear on rattles and creaks.

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, my wife picked up the car last night after 8 days with the dealer.

ABS module was replaced and one ABS sensor (they believe the faulty one ‘spiked’ the ABS module). Air conditioning evaporator module replaced behind the dash, and all appears to be working without faults.

However.... As usual in my past experience of car dealers, they never manage that last 10% properly and we have quite a few new issues to resolve. Some minor (which we’ve resolved ourselves), such as daubs of new grease all around parts of the dash, dirty fingerprints all over the interior and headlining, the red parts of both front seats absolutely filthy, bits of trim not quite sitting together right...

My other half is back at the dealer now having them look at the more serious stuff - they’ve admitted this morning that the front bumper has been off, as the paint is knicked on both sides near the headlights, there is a huge gouge in the plastic sill trim on the passenger side, and very close to this a deep paint scratch through to the metal on the passenger sill..

Not surprised at all to be honest - they’ve just booked it back in for three days to rectify the above.

😖

Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts