Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detachable Swan Neck For KIA NIRO & 7 Pin Electric Tow bar Wiring Kit including bypass relay. This was fitted to my 2016 Niro 2 for transporting 2 electric bikes, I have now part exchankged for a 2019 Niro and my local Kia dealer have removed the tow bar which I no longer need and is for sale. A new detachable tow bar assembly and electric kit is around £244.00 so selling my one for £100. This is a heavy item so interested party should contact me re carriage cost.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My postcode is DD8 Scotland, I might be travelling down to England soon should that be of help.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don’t know if this is a help or not but saw in on another site for somebody wanting to fit a tow bar for towing a caravan on a 66 reg Niro and this was a reply

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don’t know if this is a help or not but saw in on another site for somebody wanting to fit a tow bar for towing a caravan on a 66 reg Niro and this was a reply View attachment 5844
Ah, I was confused by that as well. The "Tow Kit" is for towing the car. I.E., the screw in eyes in the tool kit. The car itself is not able to tow anything, according to Kia UK. It can in Europe apparently, you know, where they have all those high mountains! Seems Kia decided we were not part of europe even before the referendum!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kia technical confirmed in Dec 2016 my Niro was OK to have a tow bar for a bike carrier only and this was fitted by the local Kia dealer. The new 2019 Niro has had the uprated braking and cooling system same as the European model had from first introduction. As far as I am aware Kia can supply a tow bar kit for the new Niro.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only if you were coming down the M6, as I am in Lancashire. Otherwise it's looking like a (budget) carrier!
Strong possibility I will be driving down to Kendal this month so could meet at M6 service station nearest you for ££ to be agreed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strong possibility I will be driving down to Kendal this month so could meet at M6 service station nearest you for ££ to be agreed.
Sorry trip to Kendal no longer on, I have taken
some photos now and will check out price for carrier if you are still interested.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, still interested. Let me know the shipping cost please. Looks like my wife and I will be doing more cycling ;). As a matter of interest. my "towing" consisted of 2.5 miles from storage just north of St Michaels on the Wyre village to a pitch just south of it. Pretty flat terrain much like Forfar!

Not an idiot and wouldn't have picked a hybrid/autobox to do serious touring with a van but if it's just brakes and cooling Kia are worried about then a 6 minute journey on flat unclassified roads won't worry a transmission that can handle 39 bhp.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have towed 2 electric bikes to south of France and back, 2016 Niro 2, with regular servicing at Kia garage never a problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, still interested. Let me know the shipping cost please. Looks like my wife and I will be doing more cycling ;). As a matter of interest. my "towing" consisted of 2.5 miles from storage just north of St Michaels on the Wyre village to a pitch just south of it. Pretty flat terrain much like Forfar!

Not an idiot and wouldn't have picked a hybrid/autobox to do serious touring with a van but if it's just brakes and cooling Kia are worried about then a 6 minute journey on flat unclassified roads won't worry a transmission that can handle 39 bhp.
I require your post code for carriage cost,also I suggest the electrics post in a separate box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry about delay in reply, busy weekend, cost to send tow bar via Parcelforce, insured with signature is £36 57. Tow bar weighs 20kg the electrics and other bits n pieces I will send separately but that is included in the above cost. Delivery is express 48 hours from collection from me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's okay. We are away next weekend (Friday til Monday) but as it's Parcelforce can pick up at local depot if not in. Would you like payment by bank transfer or Paypal if you have an account?
My details:- J Robinson, 16 Weston Avenue, Rochdale, Lancs, OL16 4TS.
BTW does it have wiring instructions? I have fitted several towbars before so could work it out if not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes I have Paypal my email is...edited by Admin... sorry no wiring information, will let you know when Parcelforce pick up the towbar from me which they say could be today,they also require your email and contact phone number.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts